Vicious Viper Vs Invincible Inquisitor

Video above is an example of the fight to come with Claire.

" You shall fall here, Xanathos, " Thundra guffawed. " And here I thought that the 'great Xanathos' would put up a fight. "

" Don't count your chickens afore they hatch, " I smirked. " O traveler of the winds, mighty Zephyr, grant me a bit of thine divine grace, grant me swiftness eternal!! "

The purple runes on the boots glowed for a brief moment before pulsating with energy. Wisps of mana filled air whipped about my person and I felt time slow. The feeling was ethereal, surreal, as if I was in limbo. I moved my arms slowly, afterimages following obediently. Seeing my success, I smiled and charged at Thundra. My fist tore onto his jaw and I saw his skin ripple. My next punch found his lonely abdomen which regretted the company. I then saw him slowly flying backwards and his face twisted in agony. I ceased the flow of mana to my boots and watched gleefully as Thundra carved a hole into the wall of the arena. He coughed up blood and looked at me in astonishment.

" H-how did you-,"

" You're a berserker and I know all about your class' vices. I mean, didn't everyone read at the library? "

No hands were raised.

What'd I expect from a bunch of people who thought that levels were everything?

" Anyhow, berserkers burn their life force in exchange for power when they go berserk like you did. All I had to do was use my boots at low power and use your weakness to my advantage. "

" Why you-"

" Time to end this, "

Thundra leapt at full power towards me but I didn't even flinch. As soon as he was at the peak of speed and power, I powered up my boots again. Time slowed once more and I walked out of his way.

" Aura...Shot!! "

My aura flared up around me once more and I got ready to shoot. I charged as much power as possible into my palm and fired it. The celestial white beam sparkled radiantly as it tore through the still air rapidly, even though time had been slowed to such an extent that i could see the motion of a fly's wings. The beam struck his back and his body slowly descended to the floor. But, to add a bit more flair, I realigned his direction to the wall, without disrupting his momentum and resumed normal speed. Thundra was catapulted at supersonic speed into the wall of the arena where he even cracked the barrier.

Everyone in the stadium gasped, including the commentator who quickly composed himself.

" A-and so folks after such a short battle, it is decided that by way of knockout, Xanathos of the Golden Lynxes wins!!"

Cheers resounded in the stadium as the audience went wild. I hid my glee and coolly exited the battlefield.

" Up next we have Lancelot of the Order of Justice Guild Vs Claire of the Golden Lynxes. Fighters enter the battlefield!! "

Claire entered the battlefield slowly, taking care to show of her crimson and gold daggers which glinted in the sunlight. She flipped them several times, catching each expertly. Then after the last flip, she caught one dagger, and balanced the other by its point on the one in her hand. The crowd went wild with her display and Lancelot who was walking in, raised an eyebrow in surprise. He decided to continue the show by elegantly drawing his sword from his scabbard with a resounding "schink". He then proceeded to do rapid slashes in the air as if battling some invisible opponent. This enthralled the audience as they all began to watch in earnest.

His sword then began to palpitate with golden radiance and swelled in size. He held it before his face, his orchid locks swaying to the music of energy from the blade. After amassing enough energy, he released the gathered power to blow across the arena.

" Now I'm pumped, ready to fight little maiden? " Lancelot grinned as he curtsied.

" I was born ready, Sir Lancelot, " Claire hissed.

" Commence the battle!!" the commentator yelled loudly.

Lancelot and Claire rushed forward, both charging for the other at the same time. They both met with a clang and sparks, varying in a crescendo of red and orange, flew off into the air from where the blades met. Lancelot pressed down on Claire's daggers with immense force but Claire's stubbornness forced her not to give in. She pushed back with all her might, earning a look of amazement from Lancelot and pushing him away from her. He slashed his sword in a show of power before him, causing the air to ripple. Claire then gasped in shock as a blade of force smashed into her mid-section. Lancelot just chuckled in triumph as he saw his attack succeed and proceeded to unleash a barrage of slashes. Each slash collided with Claire's body and was slowly making her winded.

Claire's POV

I felt them all. Blows of force slamming into my belly as Lancelot swung his sword. He unleashed three more slashes and dashed towards me. The slashes disrupted my focus and he got a clean hit in with the flat of his blade to my head, probably aiming for a knockout victory. I don't blame him for trying though, because at the rate this was going, I'd probably succumb easier to blunt head trauma. He aimed for another attack but my response was quicker this time and I slashed at his breastplate heavily to push him back. He was again astonished at my strength output and resorted to his cheap attacks again. But I was prepared this time around. My eyes widened and transformed into slits as I pinpointed the location of the attack. My Lamia mode was equipped with all sorts of sensory abilities and I intended to make use of all of them. The faint ripple that I saw in the air before when he first attacked me, now took the form of a golden shockwave that was racing towards my head!! I swiftly swung my daggers- I really need to name them- before me to shunt the attack to the ground. The crowd gasped in astonishment as they suddenly saw an explosion appear out of nowhere, Lancelot however just sighed.

" I guess you saw through my attack, which makes it useless now, " he sighed. " Guess I'll go back to regular fighting then."

He imbued his sword with light magic again and viciously charged at me. I barely met his attack with a block and so I was thrown across the Battlefield. While flying I split some Mana from my body and looked back. He followed up immediately and unleashed a powerful kick which slammed into my gut and caused me to cough up blood. I rose plausibly 10 feet into the air before being slammed back onto the ground by a tough boot heel. I feel the air rush unfaithfully from my lungs and the lonely dust take its place. I swear, this game's too realistic. I mean, I felt the dust enter my body and stick to the back of my windpipe. Groggily, I stood up and deflected some of his sword slashes before being slammed into the wall by his foot.

" Give it up, Claire of the Golden Lynxes, " Lancelot said smugly. " You are a dead woman standing. "

" Ha," I coughed. " You don't even know what you have-"

I was cut off by a swift stab to my chest where blood immediately started to pour from. I gagged on my blood but made a small grin and said one word.

" Now!!"

Lancelot spun around quickly, but it was all too late. The Claire on the ground faded into blue sparkles and flew in the direction Lancelot was looking. Lancelot's expression was grim as he stared at the scene before him.

" Impossible, " he mumbled.