Alchemizing

Theo and Claire had also leveled up and gained new skills. One of Theo's skills was called Roulette, a skill that can either help the target or work against it. Claire got a skill called Nightsister's Seeker. This skill allowed her to sense the position of almost any enemy at base level, but at max level, it senses everyone and anything even an arrow in flight.

After we checked our stats, we looked at the loot. There was the skin of the firedrake, its claws, fangs and some flame sacs. There was also a gem in the loot that was a soulshard, so I took it. One more form to my arsenal, can't have too much.

We split the loot and I opened a rift back to the town. We yawned and decided that it was time we logged out. We went to the manor and went to our beds and logged out.

I took the Nuerolink off and stretched my arms. Yawn.. I sure was sleepy. I put on my pajamas and hopped into bed.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
Morning...

I woke up early at about 5 am and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face then snuck into the kitchen. I took a bag of chips out of the cupboard and a juice box out of the fridge. 

I went back to my room and began to eat the chips. Meanwhile I was on the online forum for DC online and people were talking about the upcoming tournament. They were talking about the Epic Eleven and how they'd be the highlight of the matches. Apparently all of them had either a different element or different weaponry.

“ Hey Claire” I texted. “ What do you think of the Epic Eleven? ”

“ Come in game and I'll tell you” she replied.

I put down my chips and placed the helmet on my cranium. The familiar mind whirling experience warped me into a state of near nausea until I woke up inside the manor. Claire had just opened my door and I beckoned her closer. Theo's he'd poked inside too and I got out of bed. We went into the dining room and Claire went into a hysterical series of rants.

“ They are absolutely badass!” she yelled excitedly. “ From number Eleven, Raize, Lord of Fire, to number One, Gerard of The Paladins and heir to the will of Light...”

As she continued with her ranting, Theo and I exchanged nervous glances before running off.

“...and he's so cute with his-- Hey get back here” she shouted in realization.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

We had finally gotten Claire to calm down and I began to experiment on the skin that we got from the firedrake.

Incendio” I whispered.

A large sphere of flames appeared in my palm and I slowly brought it down onto a piece of the skin. The skin immediately began to absorb the energy from the fireball and emanate it as its own heat. Interested, I fed the entire ball to that piece of skin, resulting in it flaring higher.

Barero” I said, forming a casing of transparent mana around it.

I then lifted it and placed it in a chest in my lab. I then took another small piece of the skin and sewed it onto my breastplate. I let out a nervous sigh and created another ball of fire and placed it above my chest. If this failed, I will be in a shitload of trouble as I'd blast myself back and probably set the house on fire. Not delaying it any longer, I brought the fireball onto my chest, but I wasn't blasted back. Instead, I felt rejuvenated as the skin absorbed the fire and turned it into health and mana. Soon the fireball was extinguished and the mana I'd lost to make that fireball was replenished.

“ So, the skin converts fire into healing energy, interesting ” I muttered. “ It also has a wide AOE seeing as I wasn't even scorched ”

I jotted down these notes in a notepad that I made from a few sheets of recycled parchment with one of my few inventions, a mana quill. This quill wrote using mana instead of ink and wrote down everything I told it to.

“ Quill, make a memo for me to mass produce these flame-absorbent armor for sale and for the village .”

Quill wrote at superspeed writing what I said in under 3 seconds.

Finished with the skin, I turned to the Flame sacs. They were slimy bags that ,I found out, held a burning liquid which Drakes used to make their fire unlike Dragons who conjure their fire though without mana. I extracted some with a Stradle, another of my inventions. It was basically a straw needle with an enchanted vial serving as the syringe.

I expressed a droplet of the liquid unto some Bone-Silver that I took from the safe. The liquid began to burn through the Bone-Silver a bit but the combination of metal and bone was too complex for it to do significant damage. So instead it coated the Bone-Silver and I used [Satzujin Eye] on the new product.

Xanthium Trioxide [Xt]

This is a new metal made by Alchemist, Xanathos, when he combined Bone-Silver, another of his creations with Dracid from a flame sac.

Rarity: ****** ( highest rating)

Durability: **** (medium rating)

Wow, I created another metal! Maybe I should consider a career in this. Anyways, it seems that I have improved my Bone-Silver to almost perfection. All I need is a way to put the durability at max. Anyhow I should go upstairs and share my discovery with the others. I ascended my new Bone-Silver stairs and arrived in the meeting hall.

Aura Manifest ” I shouted.

My aura flared and an image of myself was formed out of it. I sent it to go and call the others and it vanished through a wall.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

“...and that's how I arrived at these marvelous discoveries ” I said ending my summary of my findings.

“ That's awesome X” Claire said cheerily. “ We now have a weapon against fire types”

I nodded and took my seat as I opened a rift before the table. Out of it stepped Zach, with a huge backpack.

“ I'm back everyone ”