Ambush

Just as I was looking at my stats, I heard a whooshing sound behind me. I quickly spin around and grab an arrow that almost pierced my skull. Look around and see Claire staring at the dense brush.

" It's an ambush," she yells leaping backwards, narrowly dodging an arrow.

" What the hell?" I ask puzzled.

Then a horde of around 10 monsters surround us, all of them, except one, were called [Goblin Elites] and were all Level 10. The other goblin has a name tag that says [Rare Goblin Marauder] [ Level 15 ]. This one was two times my height and carried a huge hammer.

" Shit, I read about this thing, it's a boss type monster!" I exclaim.

" You can handle a little fight can't you" Claire says readying her dagger.

" Hmph, always" I reply.

" Then let's do this!" She cries out while charging the goblins.

I extend my claws and remember that I can make my own skills, so I hope this works. I place my claws on top of each other and started rubbing them together until I could feel the heat. ' Come on, come on' I think as I rub them faster. Then suddenly it worked, my claws were flaming but weren't burning. I test it by slashing air then I run into battle.

" FLAME SLASH!" I yell.

I rapidly slashed through an goblin who immediately burned to a crisp.

" *Whistle* I'm really starting to love this game" I say.

As for Claire, she took on 3 Elites and leaps into the air.

" CLONE FORMATION!" she shouts.

POOF!POOF! Two clones appear out of smoke beside Claire and they all attack the Elites. Since they were all exact copies of Claire, they knew what move to make and were very powerful. The Claires then jump back and say the same phrase.

" SUPER CLONE SONIC SLASH" They yell.

Boom!Boom!BOOM! A wave of never-ending slash waves crashed into all of the goblins in sight. Then after two very long minutes, it was done. All the Elites were down, but the Marauder was barely scratched.

" What?" I shout in disbelief.

" Impossible.." Claire pants.

RRAAAAAWWWRRR!!! The Marauder roars and a cloak of darkness surrounds him. His eyes turn from red to glowing purple and his agro mode aura turns purple as well. RRAAAAAWWWRRR!! it roars again and tremors rip through the ground.

             WARNING EVOLVED BOSS! DO YOU WANT TO ENGAGE?
   [YES]             [NO]

“ What do you say Claire?" I ask her.

" I say we form a party and kick its sorry ass to tomorrow" she says.

"Ok, ENGAGE"

I clicked the yes button and the popup faded. The Dark Marauder now charges with incredible speed and knocks me back with his hand. He then catches me midair and slams me onto the ground. Claire then sent her clones to attack him, but he just hammered the ground causing them to fall. While he was distracted, I quickly run away from him and fire up my claws.

" APOLLO'S CURTAIN!" I say dragging my claws on the ground.

As I drag my claws, a wall of fire springs up and I use it to surround the Dark Marauder. It is puzzled by the wall for a few seconds then it just inhaled a deep breath, and takes in all the fire.

" Uh-Oh" I gulped.

When it sucked up all the fire, it blew it at Claire, and seeing that I wouldn't reach her in time, I activate my special skill.

" RIPPER MODE: ACTIVATE!" I shout.

My claws glow a cool blue and I start to spin. As I spin faster, some of the flames come towards me but not enough.

“ Come on more power" I grunt. " PROPELLER SPIN"

When I use Propeller Spin, I start to spin faster and the flames all rushed to me. When they get to me they wrap around me and I get more energy.

" Alright let's finish this" I say still spinning. " Fire Vortex!"

I start to pull in the Dark Marauder but he throws his hammer which conks me in my head and causes me to stop spinning. I fell on the ground and the Marauder starts to pound me mercilessly. Ever hit takes one fifth of my HP and now I'm at two fifths. I look to the side and see Claire unconscious on the ground and that made something inside me stir. I never felt like this before, and it made me feel angry. Angry that I couldn't protect Claire, angry that I was gonna die, angry that I made a two bit monster defeat me well I ain't gonna take it lying down.

"AURA STEAL!!" I snarl angrily.

I stab it with my claws and all of its agro plus dark power surged into me. The power felt overwhelming but I didn't stop till I had it all.
Once the marauder was drained I unequipped my claws to fight with my bare hands.

" DARK PUNCH BARRAGE!" I snap.

My fists are coated in darkness and I run up to the Marauder and use my knee to knock him flat on the ground. Then I use my fists to pummel him, each punch I gave caused the ground to shake. I punch it in the face and I hear its neck break. When I am satisfied that it died I create a dark ball that disintegrates him when it makes contact.

Level up

Xanathos Level 13

Strength 10
Con 10
Stamina 11
Int 7
Dex 8
Spirit 9