Ramuh Strikes Again

Yawwn, it's finally morning. I rise out of the bed only to have a fist fly at my face. I quickly blocked it and whirled to face my attacker. It was Dad and he seemed pleased.

“ Good job sensing and blocking my punch son” he said happily. “ I'd have thought you were getting sloppy in that game”

“ 'Course not Dad, on the contrary, I have gotten better,” I said. “ I think I'm even ready carry on the family's winning streak in the biannual Martial Art's competition”.

“ Haha, don't be too sure of yourself ” he grinned. “ Unless you think you can take me, that is”.

“ Then let's take this onto the training court” I replied.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

“ Hya!” I screeched as I swung a roundhouse kick at Dad.

Woosh!! He dodged and swung a punch at me. I stopped it with my palm and pushed him back. As he regained his composure, I leapt into the air and fell towards him with a straight kick. He grabbed my foot with his hands and viciously spun me causing me to land on my face with a thud.

“ Tiger Palms!!” I shouted rapidly punching forward with the flat of my hands.

Dad deflected them but I continued. I switched the pattern and this threw him off a bit. Using this opportunity, I slammed my palm into his chest and operating through the momentum, I swung a roundhouse kick into his side. He gasped in surprise and quicker than the eye could see, he used his perfected roundhouse kick to launch me into the wall of the court.

“ Ow, pain” I said wincing.

“ Man, you are getting better ” Dad praised me. “ I actually had to stop toying with you”.

My jaw dropped and suddenly I felt disappointed. He was toying with me and I was still struggling.

“ That means I'm not ready” I admitted.

He bowed and I exited the court a defeated man....is what a loser would say and that ain't me!

“ I'm not done yet dad!” I yelled, getting into my spider stance.

“ Haha, that's my boy!”

Swoosh! The wind whistled as my hand swipes at Dad. He ducked under the swing and grabbed my hands. I flipped over him and used the momentum to free my hands and to kick him in the back. Surprisingly, he didn't even flinch as he stood towering before me. I slammed my fist into his back and it felt as if I had punched a brick wall.

“ Oww!” I winced holding my throbbing hands.

“ That's enough for today Kai” dad said. “ You did well but you forgot to use your weapon, your Chi”

I looked at him with an 😨 expression. I chuckled nervously and we left the court.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

After showering and getting a something to eat, I hopped onto my bed and put on the Nuerolink.

After a few seconds, I was back in Fafnir and sounds of a battle could be heard. Fearing the worst, I swiftly ran outside. When I got to where the source of the noise was, I saw Ramuh attacking the town. Theo and Claire were there though and dealing damage. The white mages we'd been training were holding up a barrier around the town to minimize damage to the infrastructure. Some townsfolk were with them, giving them drops of Miracle Water to keep their Mana up. I ran past them and they began cheering my name.

Not wanting to let the crowd down and in an attempt to boost their morale, took out the firedrake gem.

“FIREDRAKE'S FURY: SECOND FORM!” I yelled over the din.

Flames burst forth from the gem and strapped it to my chest in an X shape. Then when the gem was on my chest, the upper sections of the X stretched out and formed wings of flame that lifted me off the ground. The flames then spread over my entire body, covering me in an armor of Firedrake scales.

“ OK, you worked last time, please work now!” I pleaded. “LARGE DARK DARUKA!”

The Dark energy poured in from around me and concentrated into the ball of energy I dubbed The Daruka. The fear of the Fafnirians provided all the power that I needed to create a huge Daruka.

“ Hey look its the Mayor! ” some of the soldiers shouted. “ With all the members of the Dark Trio here we'll surely win”

Dark Trio? I guess it's because Claire, Theo and I all use Dark energy. But anyways, I propelled myself forward with my wings and a beam of fire, I shot like a rocket towards Ramuh. I poured more energy into the beam and it  pushed me so hard that the wind began to cut my face. Then I reached Ramuh and the Daruka smashed into his chest throwing him back. The force knocked him a good distance away and I landed softly beside Theo and Claire.

“ Thank goodness that you are here!” Claire chirped.

“ Yeah Ramuh came sooner than expected ” Theo added.

“ Changes nothing, let's kick his ass!!” I said rallying the troops.