Winners Declared

Elemental Master's Glyphs: Glyph of the Typhoon! ” Balkan cried out.

He rapidly swiped his hand through the air, etching a Mana glyph shaped like three swirls. They began to glow with scintillating radiance as a tornado began to whirl around the glyph and a storm cloud formed overhead. Lightning reached out at me, crashing into my Electric Aura. Rain began to fall and cover the field in water.

“ Such a powerful AOE spell! ” I said shocked. “ I must find a way cancel it before it does too much damage. ”

Claire's POV

I was having a bit more luck than everyone else. My opponent, Clyde, had severely underestimated me. He had laughed when he saw that I was a girl and this just ticked me off. I placed my daggers together and extended their hilts to make a double bladed glaive. Clyde rushed at me with a set of dual sabers and relentlessly slashed at me. I twirled the glaive, deflecting his attacks and striking at his chest. He tried to somersault away, but the glaive's long reach caused me to slash his feet midair and he descended painfully to the ground. He looked at me with contemptuous eyes and hobbled to his feet.

“ GREAT WHITE'S ENORMITY! ”

His blades became scintillating as they became longer. He swung them intimidatingly then charged at me. I twirled my glaive and prepared to unleash one of my favorite glaive skills. When he was close enough I stabbed the other end of the glaive deep in the ground.

“ HUMAN BLENDER!”

As Clyde was about to slash at me, I grabbed the glaive with both hands as it began to spin. It spun me with it and I began to slam my feet into Clyde's face.

“ Uaah... Ow... Ouch, ” Clyde wailed.

Wham wham wham wham, my feet sang as they laid waste to Clyde's face. Then for the finisher, I kicked him as hard as I could and he went flying. Then I removed the glaive from the ground and leapt at him. When I was at his height, I hovered before him and rapidly stabbed him in the chest. Then with the last stab I conjured a fireball and blasted him into the ground.

What an awesome display of power by Claire folks. She finished off Clyde with ease.”

Third Person Omniscient View (TPOV)

While Theo was busy trying to formulate a plan to counter this new obstacle and Claire was reveling in her victory, the Soul Sisters were laying the beat in beatdown on Dyllan and Frond.

“ DARK FORCE! ” Raisha yelled as she and her hellhound battled Dyllan.

A wave of Dark Energy slammed into Dyllan, causing him to fly into Frond.

“ Hey watch it meathead! ” Frond cursed.

Dyllan only clucked his tongue as he threw his saber at Raisha. The Hellhound leapt off the ground and grabbed the flying blade with its teeth and threw it back at its unsuspecting owner. The blade only nicked his side as he saw it in the nick of time. He grabbed it midair and the blade glowed as he readied a skill.

“ King Shark's Water Bullets! ”

The blade glowed brighter and then let off a bunch of water bullets that were aimed at Raisha. Wham! Wham! Wham! The bullets slammed into her, knocking her off her feet. Seeing its master in distress, the hellhound spat a beam of purple energy at the source of the bullets and they ceased fire.

Meanwhile, Raiva was fending pretty good against Frond. She had cast Angel's Blessing, originally a twincast spell but due to gaining the other half of the Light element that had been split between she and Raisha, she now had a full grasp of the Light element and was able to cast all Light Twincast spells on her own. Angel's Blessing was mainly focused on defense and evasion, so Frond had a lot of trouble hitting her.

Eel Chief's Venomous Shock! ” Frond said as his blade began to emit electricity.

His blade ripped blindingly fast through the air and Raiva had a conundrum as she tried not to get injured by the now poisonous blade. Frond slashed at her torso but she dodged and aimed for a stab to his chest. He parried the blow and jabbed his blade at her face. She shifted to the side and kicked at him only to be slashed by the blade. A feeling of helplessness overtook her as the paralysing venom pervaded her body. Her sword now shattered into pixels of light as her body now felt as if it weighed a ton.

“ Raiva! ” Raisha screamed as she saw her fall. “ Helle, keep Dyllan busy until I get back ”

The hellhound did what seemed to be a nod as it jumped at Dyllan.

“ MAIDEN'S CRY!!”

A rippling screech that could shatter stone, formed a visible path of sound waves that sent Frond to his knees.

“ Uaah! ” he screamed as blood began to trickle from his ears.

Raisha stopped screaming and rushed over to Raiva who was now recovering from paralysis. Raisha caressed her face softly and she came to a realization.

“ Raiva, we were foolish to think we could fight separately and win as easily as when we are together, ” Raisha said beaming. “ Let's do this our way...”

“ The Twincast Way! ” both of them screamed in unison.

As Frond got to his feet and the hellhound stopped attacking Dyllan, a darkness overcame the battlefield. A swirl of Mana suddenly erupted from the place where the Sisters were, one half dark purple, the other a light blue. They were holding hands and as the Mana flared high enough, they uttered a single sentence.

Wrath of the Equinox: Divine Punishment! ” the Sisters cooed.

Their Mana flared to the sky, darkening the area above the Arena.

W-what on Xenus is this? ” the commentator inquired in consternation. “ Two massive AOE spells on the same battlefield! Folks, hang on to something, this battle just got tempestuous! ”

Seeing the Sisters' spell, Theo smiled and poured all of his power into his Electric Shield. He then wrapped another set around himself, as he knew the magnitude of such a spell. Balkan was too busy pouring Mana into his spell to see the impending doom and Theo wasn't feeling magnanimous.

The Soul Sisters' spell had finally taken form; that of a meteor shower. From a portal overhead, countless meteors were extricated and crashed into the battlefield. One slammed into Balkan and his Tempest fizzled out. When he saw the meteors falling he cast his multi barrier spell and braced himself. During this, the true targets of this spell were being battered into the arena floor by unrelenting meteors. Blood couldn't spray because the flames on the meteors dried it as soon as it made contact. Then with a flash of light, Frond and Dyllan were transported to the medbay. As soon as they saw this, The Sisters cancelled their spell, sealing the portal and ceasing the shower.

“ Whoa,” Raiva said stumbling. “ That took...all...my...Mana ”

Raiva started to fall and Raisha quickly caught her. Raiva was unconscious which meant that she was out of the competition.

“ Ok so there we have it. The ones who will fight in the one on one duels will be shown on the list on the big screen above you.”

Winners...

Xanathos              GL
Valeria                  GL
Theo                       GL
Claire                    GL
Raisha                  GL
Balkan                  KS  
Dyllan                   KS