Prelims: Lynxes versus Sharks

“ Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the annual DCO Battle of the Greats Tournament!!” the commentator howled.

The crowd roared making the stands shudder in fear. Players from all different guilds watched anxiously as the commentator continued.

“ Today, we'll be having the prelims, where it will be guild versus guild, ” he stated. “ This is a way to thin the fat, perse. Players this is the Order in which we'll go, Golden Lynxes vs King Sharks, Dark Pagans vs Order of Justice, Masked Crows vs Order of Druids, Draconic Keepers vs Sylphs, Celestes vs Volcanic Berserkers  and Thunderbirds vs Ice Maidens. Note that the Epic Eleven cannot participate in this round. First match up!!!”

I looked around and spotted the Soul Sisters who'd taken the rift instead. They hurried over to us, the anxiety in their aura stifling me.

“ Guys, this is it ” they said nervously. “ We're nervous ”

“ I know and my Aural instincts are suffocating so please control yourself, ” I said gasping for air.

They looked at each other and took deep breaths, the stifling anxiety now gone. I stood up straight and we discussed our game plan.

        §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

“ Lynxes are you ready ” the commentator asked as we stepped onto the battlefield.

“ Yes! ” we answered in unison.

He asked the same of the sharks who eyed us menacingly as they nodded.

“ Fight!!”

As the word escaped the commentator's mouth, we sprang to action.

“ Earth-shattering Piledriver! ” I yelled.

I rushed in a blur of energy and sent an uppercut under Shark #1's chin lifting him from the ground.

“ Folks it seems the Lynxes got the first hit in with Xanathos' Piledriver. He is now in the air unleashing a barrage of hits on Clarion, a Shark guild member. ”

WHAM! My fist struck Clarion's jaw. SLAM! My elbow slammed into his chest as we descended rapidly. We then slammed into the ground, with me using his body as a cushion.

“ Oh, that had to hurt, but Clarion isn't out yet. ”

Clarion got up quickly and unleashed a wave of scalding water that burnt me.

“ Ah, that's hot!” I hissed.

While I was distracted, Clarion tried to sweep my feet from under me but because of my martial arts training, I sensed it and kicked his foot in the opposite direction, causing him to tumble.

“ Daruka! ” I spat.

“ Scalding Wave ” he countered.

The wave of hot water tried to get to me, but using the Daruka I made a wall of energy by slamming it on the ground. The water bounced off and fell on Clarion.

“ Ow! ” he cried out.

“ Not so nice when it's you is it ” I said smugly.

“ Water Cell! ” he snarled.

I was caught off guard as he trapped me in a water ball.

Valeria's POV

I danced around the field as I bobbed and weaved between my assailant's, Tristan's, blade.

“ Stay still, won't ya ” he complained.

Taking this as an opportunity I pulled a skill.

“ Quick Draw! ”

I sliced his hand and in his shock he faltered, giving me time for another skill.

“ Flash Step ”

Time stopped and I quickly rushed behind him and used Sonic Sweep. Time resumed and Tristan fell to his knees.

Master X would be so proud of me, I thought happily.

I was about to decapitate Tristan when I saw Master trapped in a veil of water.

“ Master! ” I cried out. “ Zantetsuken! ”

All colour drained from the world as I became a blur of movement even to my own eyes. I saw the water rapidly approaching and slashed the bottom of the ball. Time resumed and I skidded to a halt.

“ Oh my god, folks, did you see that? ” the commentator roared. “ Valeria somehow appeared over here while freeing Xanathos. She also incapacitated Tristan before getting here. My isn't she just awesome. ”

X fell out of the ball and blasted Clarion back with a Daruka as he nodded his thanks to me. I returned the nod as we both dashed to our opponents.

Raisha's POV

Twincast: Blades of the equinox ” we yelled as we charged our opponents.

Since it was two of us, we had to battle against two opponents even though we fought as one. Anyhow, a blade of Darkness formed in my right hand and a blade of light formed in Raiva's left. The boys we were fighting, Dyllan and Frond, wielded dual blades and it was difficult keeping up with them. 

I pushed my blade as it grinded on Dyllan's saber, both of us struggling for dominance. Beside us Raiva and Frond were locked in the same battle. Dyllan pushed harder on his blade forcing me to step back.

“ Okay, change of plans ” Dyllan grunted. “ Shark Bite

I gasped as I saw Dyllan's saber become wrapped in water that took the form of a shark with its fangs bared. It bit down on my blade and absorbed the Mana from the blade. 

“ Wha- ”

Shark's Fang of Slicing ”

The vortex of water surrounding the blade suddenly paused and became a more refined shape, slick and sharp. Dyllan swiped at me as I dodged, trying to get a spell in.

Hades' Blessing ” I cried out.

Dyllan's blade had already been in mid swing when I unleashed my skill and just as it was about to lay claim to my life, a pulsating dark energy rippled from my body and reflected the attack. Dyllan fell to the ground in shock as Dark Energy poured from my body. A dark purple sigil was engraved in the air behind me as my body transformed. My golden tresses became a deep, enchanting violet and so did my irises, though they were a bit darker. My armor became as dark as the midnight sky and had a red moon engraved on the centre of the breastplate. The gauntlets now emitted an Aura of dark energy which throbbed like a headache. To crown the look was a literal crown, well tiara, which was black and fitted with rubies that glistened in the light.

Hades' Blessing invoked.

Mana Consumption for spells reduced to 1/2 original cost.

Magical and Physical Atk increased by 10%.

Physical and Magical Defense up by 5%.

Cooldown time for spells now 0.

Summoned baby hellhound.

Awesomeness!!, I screamed in my head. Not only are the buffs OP, but I also got a PET! Let's see what Dyllan can do now.

Phew, the end of another chapter. Thanks to all my readers for supporting my book thus far. I am planning to make a book two after Xanathos beats the big bad of this book. But I'll only do so if my votes get to at least 100 because then I'll know that my book is really desired. So please press that little star at the bottom and vote. Don't forget to leave your comments, whether bad or good, I read them all. Ciao!