The Tournament Begins!!

Anyone remembers what Zero had said to Xanathos? Well it's almost time for it to come true. Remember to vote, vote, vote. Happy Reading.

                           Jevan

Xanathos' POV

It is finally the day. The day I show those Order of Justice bastards the power of the Golden Lynx. Everyone was busy getting the new armor I made ( insulated energy conductors; they absorb energy but keep out fire and electricity) and stocking up on MW. Valeria has improved a lot and has been sparring with me not toying with her. She should beat most of her competitors I'm sure. Speaking of Valeria, she was walking towards me right now. She wraps me in her embrace and I took in the sweet aroma she carried.

“ Thank you Master Xanathos, for everything ” she said happily. “ Now, when do we leave? ”

“ We leave now, Claire and Theo should be here in...3...2...”

Theo landed with a crash, causing clouds of dust to billow from where his feet slammed. Claire landed more gracefully, as she flipped off the roof of the Manor and stood beside Theo.

I nodded to them and they returned the nod. Theo was in his Gambler mode, suit and all. Claire was in a set of robes that fluttered behind her.

“ Now that we are all here ” I commenced. “ We can leave for the Arena soon but I have a few words to say. ”

A buzz of murmuring resounded through the crowd and I hushed them so I could speak.

“ Whilst I am gone, my three Scientists are in charge of the town ” I stated. “ Also the village is being protected by its guardian of old, Longcelot. I'll introduce him to you when we get back. Wish us luck. ” 

There was a roaring applause as cheers were said.

“ Ring of the Rift: Arena ” I bellowed.

The familiar swirl of dark energy appeared before us but before we stepped through, Claire held me back.

“ How about we do it the old-fashioned way ” she grinned. “ We could also have a race and see who's the best flyer ”

“ That's an awesome idea” Theo agreed.

“ I am in agreement also ” I said. “ It's been a while since we did this. ”

I closed the rift and we went to the square where the people looked anxiously as they'd overheard our conversation and made bets.

“ I bet the mayor will win ” Villager #1 said grinning.

“ Nay, its going to be Sir Theo ” #2 replied.

“ Neither of you are right, it's gonna be Lady Claire ” #3 disagreed.

“ I believe that the Kriellener girl will win, it's in her blood, ” # 4 stated.

As these talk went around we grinned as Saeed counted down.

“ 10...9...8...” he began.

“ Val you can fly right? ” I asked.

“ Of course, very fast too, ” she replied.

“ 7...6...5...” Saeed continued.

“ We are going all out, no holding back and no cheating like slamming into one another ” I told them and they nodded.

“ 4...3...2... ”

“ Soul Fusion: Firedrake First Form”

The red gem floated before me and the flame straps extended from it and wrapped around my torso. Fire rushed over my body and a Firedrake skeleton covered my back. My eyes flashed with fire and I howled causing the fire to roar to the sky. This little show made everyone cheer in awe and the women screamed their lungs out, making their husbands jealous. My wings were slightly bent as I awaited the go ahead.

Dark Elves Blessing ” Theo yelled.

His Ethereal Robes vanished as dark purplish armor encased his torso and lower body. A black cape flowed from his back and the Staff of Chaos was in his firm grip. He twirled it once and struck a pose that made the women swoon.

“ Curse Of The Night: Air Mode ” Claire said surprising me.

She had this skill for a long time but never used it. Ha, I guess she didn't want to be left out. Her armor transformed into a sleek, skintight suit that accentuated her curves and made her cleavage show even more. This made some of the men pant like thirsty dogs and their wives to smack them in the head. Claire's eyes became green and her pupils turned slits. Four wings and a jetpack appeared on her back with the mark of a Lamia on it.

Saeed to was in awe and forgot that he should be counting. But he got a hold of himself and continued.

“ 1...0... Takeoff!!! ” he shouted.

My drake skeleton pulsed with energy as a beam of heat pushed me to the sky. Theo flew off with a beam too and so did Claire and Val, who transformed midair.

“ Exorcist's Wrath ” she screamed.

A flash of light radiated from her and soon she was in a full plate armor with a moon engraved on the breastplate. She flew even faster and caught up to us. Soon the noise of Fafnir was behind us and we were speeding towards Eisengard City.

Right now Claire was leading, speeding along with her jetpack. I pushed more power into my beam and flapped harder. The wind sliced at my face like a katana but I kept increasing my speed. Soon I was beside Claire while Theo and Val fought for third place. No words were said, well with the pressure of the wind, we couldn't say anything anyways. Claire's beautiful tresses were flowing in the wind, calling out to Theo who responded accordingly putting on a burst of speed. I put my hands at my sides, palms open and released an inferno which pushed me past Claire. I could see her surprise as she followed what I did and caught up. We twirled in the making designs with our beams.

Theo's POV

Claire and X have taken the lead and Valeria is proving to be a struggle. She is very fast and I'm fighting to catch up to Claire. I then got an idea and attached the Staff to my back. I wrapped my arms around its base and poured Mana into it. A powerful Chaos Beam ripped from the Orb and catapulted me away from Valeria and finally beside Claire. X was easing away from us slowly and soon it was just us.

Valeria's POV

Haha, does Theo think I don't have my own booster?

The soles of my shoes opened and a metal band secured my two legs together as a beam of Light blasted from my feet. I could hear the wind protesting as I broke the sound barrier, creating a halo of air and a boom of thunder. I tore past the two lovers and went beside mine...I mean my Master. I reached beside him and he turned his head to smile at me. He then took my hand and together we twirled in the air, mixing our beams together creating a beautiful collage of Fire and Light. We had left Eisengard and were rapidly approaching Arcadia, where the Arena was. Theo and Claire were now beside us as we had slowed down so we'd land together.

Xanathos' POV

Wow, I hadn't realized that Valeria was this much of a beau. She put any other girl in second place. But its not time for that. Valeria held Claire's arm as we upped our speed to Mach II. A halo wrapped around us and we heard people in the Arena clamoring at our approach.

“ What is that? ” they asked.

“ Is it a comet? ”

“ Is it a beast? ”

“ No, it's something else, it's, it's.... ”

We then landed with a boom, a cloud of dust billowing around us. Then when the dust died down...

“ It's the Golden Lynxes!!! Oh my what an entrance ”