The Value Of A Dealer

Xanathos' POV

I reached the point where the steps were and realized that I had no way out. Then, a long tentacle gripped me and placed me through the door.

“ Thanks Longcelot" I yelled down to him.

I continued to walk until I arrived in the meeting room. The scientists stared at me in awe and wonder as I entered the room.

“ Y-Your Worship, you made it back alive" Morphius exclaimed.
“ I fretted for your safety milord" Colloid said tearfully.

“Haha, you need not worry anymore my friends, for I am here" I chuckled. “ -And, I got the Miracle Water"

They stared dumbfoundedly as I placed the glowing jug of water on the desk. I asked for some vials but they only found 3.

Hmm, I wonder if I could..., I thought to myself.

“ Bring me some sand, a furnace and a hollow stick" I bellowed.

They rushed outside and went in all different directions to get the items.

Theo's POV

We got back to the village and delivered the items to the shop keeper, who profusely thanked us and gave us two mana potions. We then began to make our way to X's house when a player walked up to us.

“ Um, I am kinda lost and seeing players like myself, I was wondering if you could help me" he asked.

“ Sure" I said.
“ Which village is this?" the player asked.

“ This is Fafnir, the home of Miracle Water" I replied remembering that the herbalist had mentioned it.

“ I have never heard of this village before" the player said in awe. “ So what is Miracle Water?"

“ We don't know yet, but if you follow us to the mayor's house, he'll tell you" Claire spoke up.

He nodded in agreement and we made our way to Xanathos' mansion.

Xanathos' POV

Claire and Theo came into my office when I finished the final vial of Miracle Water. Accompanying them was a player that I didn't recognize so I placed the vials in a chest and under my desk.

“ Claire, Theo you're finally back, you missed all the fun" I smirked.

“ Nah, we had our share of monsters, but that's not why we're here" Theo said.

“ Something to do with him?" I asked pointing at the player.

“ Yeah, he's wondering if you would tell him what Miracle Water was" Claire said.

I turned to the player and took a vial of the glowing water and placed it on the table.

“ What is your name?" I asked him.

“ Zach, and I am a Merchant with a Dealer sub-class from the Elven race" Zach replied.

Hmm, Dealers, I read about them. They're a branch of the Gambler class that is more business wise than the average Gambler. They are mighty useful for negotiations, deals, business management and marketing. But with his merchant class, all effects are amplified two-fold. He could be a great addition to the team as I could use his skills to bring Fafnir out of the shadows and rake on more players. I stood up and extended my hand as I introduced myself.

“ I am Xanathos, Brawler with Mime sub-class from the Human race" I said as we shook hands. “ I will only reveal the secret of the Water if you join our guild"

Zach was taken a back by my request but regained his composure and contemplated my offer. He then brought out a sheet of paper and handed it to me. I activated Satzujin Eye and looked at the paper.

Contract of Allegiance

This contract states that Zach pledges allegiance to____________ guild.

I wrote the name of the guild on the line and handed it back to Zach.

“ [Escopio]" Zach said waving his hand over the contract.

The contract glowed and another contract appeared in Zach's hand. He handed it to me and I placed it in a drawer in my desk.
“ Now that that's out of the way, the Miracle Water is a mystic medicine that heals any status ailments and gives a [Regen] status that recovers Hp by 2% every second" I said.

“ Wow, that's an awesome medicine, how much per vial?"

“ 50dracs" I replied.

Zach's eyes nearly popped out of his head.

“ What!" he exclaimed. “ How can you sell it for a measly 50dracs!"

He examined the vial for a second then activated a skill.

Merchant Art: Calculate, Dealer Art: Projection"

A bunch of figures appeared around the room showing the value of the different aspects of the Water.

“ Ok, now as you can see here, the status ailment removal component is in high demand, especially if it removes all ailments" Zach explained. “ A normal single ailment removal potion costs 100dracs, while a multi ailment removal potion costs 150dracs, so that is 150dracs for that part alone. Next Regeneration is a blessing for most people and a Regen potion costs 75dracs, so in all that is 225dracs"

We listened intently as Zach spoke and Colloid wrote down all he said. I was shocked at how much I had not looked at and how much more benefits the town would get. This kid was good.

“ Thanks you for enlightening me on that crucial topic Zach" I said. “ You have helped us to get a larger profit off the Water so you shall be rewarded with a vial and the title of marketing manager of Fafnir"

He was overjoyed and shook my hands profusely. I then told Morphius, whom I made Treasurer, to announce that the price of the potions has risen to 225dracs a bottle and if you bought 2 you get 1 free. He rushed to the door and vanished through it.