COD, but its not fish

" Well, this sure is a spooky castle" was Theo's first expression when we saw the castle.

" Its the Castle of Doom, you nincompoop" Claire said smacking Theo in the head.

" Ow, that hurt" Theo replied and tackled Claire to the ground.

I let the two wrestle for a while before using dark hand to pull them off each other"

" Hey!" they said in unison.

" We have a quest to complete, you guys can cuddle later"

" We were not cuddling!" Claire snapped.

I hold my hands up in mock surrender and noticed Theo burning with embarrassment. Hmph, he actually likes her, this will be interesting, Mwhahaha.

" Um, X, are you alright?" Claire asked as I snapped back to reality. " You kinda went all maniacal awhile ago"

I laughed sheepishly and we continue into the eerie castle. As soon as we entered, organ music began playing and we fled to the outside. We panted tiredly, and entered again, as the music stopped. Before going in I placed my right foot one step in and the music started. I quickly pulled it out and the music stopped. Then I figured something out. I quickly move my foot inside and out of the castle and the music played and stopped until I stopped to turn to the others.

" It's just a trick to scare people away" I reassured them. " Let's continue"

They nodded shakily and we enter only to have the music start again. This time though we continued deeper in the castle, without being afraid.

" Haha, you little ones are brave you are only ones to make it this far." a voice resonated around the house.

" Who is there" I asked.

But there was no answer. Instead we were greeted by a horde of monsters who looked famished. The thing was, we were their next meal. A large wolf the size of two normal wolves, leapt at me.

" Repel!" Claire yelled.

The wolf slammed into a wall of force which sent it flying the way it had come. I looked at her in surprise and she mouthed the words ' Skill Shop'. Oh so that's what they were doing, I wonder what Theo bought. That was soon answered when Theo jumped into a crowd of wolves.

" Thunderclap!" he chanted, glowing blue.

Suddenly a bolt of lightning burst through the ceiling and struck Theo. He absorbed it and released it in a burst of electricity. The force and power reduced the wolves to dust, and knocked some other monsters into the walls.

" I thought you only bought thunder" Claire asked puzzled.

" Oh, I combined Thunder and Magic absorption and voila Thunderclap" Theo said proudly.

I gave him a thumbs up and the other monsters suddenly disappeared and the voice spoke again.

" How unexpected, it would seem that you have proven yourself to the castle, you may proceed"

We looked at each other puzzled but shrugged it off as the door to the next room opened. This room was filled with lava and had some floating blocks which I surmised that we were to use to cross to the other side which had an open door to a dark room.

" In this room you will have to cross to the other side without falling into the lava which is a sure death" the voice said again.

I cracked my knuckles, I got this one. I cast 'Water Bolt ' on the lava to make it harden. But to my surprise the water evaporated before even touching the lava.

Now now children, that won't work said a jeering voice.

I shrugged and Claire pushed me out of the way. With the grace of a ballerina, she leapt from block to block then gracefully landed on the other side. My mouth fell to the floor as I saw how easily she crossed. She beckoned to us to hurry and I got onto the first block. I used ' Aura Shot ' below my feet to help me jump to the next blocks, and soon I was on the other side too.

Now it was Theo's turn. Theo simply activated ' Fire Blessing ' and walked on the lava and to us. I look dumbfoundedly at him but all he does is shrug. I pushed all that to the back of my mind as the voice spoke again.

Haha, you actually made it, you might be the ones after all the voice cackled. Your final test will determine if you are worthy enough to obtain the secrets of this Castle. Proceed through the door!

As I was about to ask what door, a light appeared above a door before us and I mouthed ' o '. We swallowed a nervous gulp and entered the room. When we were through the door, it slammed shut behind us and a huge table was before us. It had a deck of cards which were jumbled, and scattered on the table.

Ah young ones, the final test is to arrange the deck of cards and answer a riddle the voice echoed. Only one person may do this so good luck!

There was something about the way he said ' luck ' but I paid it no attention. We did rock-paper-scissors to see who would do this part of the quest and it was Theo. He mumbled something about being unlucky and stared at the cards. Then a light appeared in his eyes and he quickly stacked the cards atop each other and the voice returned.

Oh so you are finished the voice called.

Theo nodded and the voice continued.

Very good, now hear my riddle.

What is never seen but always with you, what always destroys your life but always makes your day. What decides your life but doesn't, what is both good and bad? What is this?

I nearly fainted when I heard the riddle. How the heck were we supposed to figure that out. I was at an absolute loss. Poor Theo.
But Theo wasn't clueless, he knew this answer, as he worked with it everyday.

" The answer is luck" Theo exclaimed.