Duel between Brothers

Kaiser's POV

I logged out of the game only to see that it was late evening outside of the game as well. I opened the window closest to me, inhaling the sweet air of the countryside. It smelled just as good as the air in-game and refreshed my dulled senses. As I daydreamed, I heard a voice calling my name. Snapping out of my reverie, I looked down to see Sam. My blood boiled as I remembered what happened the last time between us but I acted normally to not arouse suspicion in my parents.

“ Hey Sam, ” I called back. “ What's up? ”

He seemed to get the idea and put on a fake smile.

“ Oh, I just wanted to ask you for a duel...in-game that is. So what do you say? ”

“ Deal! ”

He seemed shocked at my quick answer and told me to go in-game now and meet him at The Drunken Duck tavern. As he raced home, I hopped back onto my bed, putting the Nuerolink link to sleep mode, so my real body could rest. I then flipped the on switch and my mind whirled for a while until I popped into the world of Xenus.

“ Let's see...Drunken Duck...” I mumbled as I looked on my map.

I finally found the little tavern at the entrance to the outskirts and decided to stock up on some new Health Potions, the better form of healing potions. I went to the general store and entered with a chime. I then saw a tall elf clad in blue robes and a green beret at the counter.

“ Good evening customer, how may I assist? ”

I returned her politeness, asking for 20 bottles of Health Potions and three Mana potions. She quickly found them and placed the fat bottles on the counter before me.

“ That'll be 350dracs. ”

I looked at my personal funds, which was 2000dracs and fished out the gold coins with the engraving of the Grand Elder Dragon, Wyrmlord, which is what gave the shiny coins their name. There were higher forms of the copper ones I had called sildracs (sd) and gildracs (gd).  After making my purchase, I asked the shop owner to convert my current coins, and when she did I ended up with 16sd and 50dracs.

Currency Conversion

100 dracs= 1sd/sildrac
100sd/sildracs= 1gd/gildrac

I thanked the shopkeeper and exited the store. I then proceeded to the Drunken Duck, which was a ragged wooden building with saloon doors. The sign was hanging by one chain and the illustration of the duck was barely showing.

“ Took you long enough, ” I heard a voice say.

I turned to see Zero (Sam) standing with his spear at the ready. He twirled it once and pointed to the desolate tavern and we entered. Inside was the complete opposite of the dessicated outside appearance. The walls were polished wood planks which were decorated by paintings of warriors in battle. The counter around which a man stood was made of, after using Satzujin Eye, fine mahogany wood. The barkeep himself was clad in a red tunic lined with real gold and black pants. He looked at us and pointed to a red door. I waved Zero in, to avoid being the brunt of any trap and followed after.

Inside the room was plain save for a few trees and I deduced that this is where we'd fight.

“ Now for you to bow to the mightier combatant, ” Zero said haughtily.

“ You wish, ” I snarled. “ Let's go!!”

We both jumped at each other, my Seraph's Claws blazing with dark flames and his spear pulsating with a red light. Our attacks collided and he noticed my Dark Flames and relented for a second. Using this moment, I pushed him backward and blasted him with a weak Daruka. He skidded backwards and used his spear to balance himself. He grinned at me and twirled his spear rapidly.