The End of the Preliminaries

After the winners of our match was announced, the commentator wasted no time as he signalled for the other teams to enter the battlefield. The battlefield was magically repaired of all damage and changed setting from a desert to an island, the center filled with trees and around the trees a ring of sand that barred the sea of water.

" Well everyone, " the commentator howled. " After that spectacular match we are swinging straight into the second match of the day, with the Order of Justice guild versus the Dark Pagans! "

The crowd roared as the alleged strongest guild entered the battlefield, their warriors looking strong and proud. The colour theme for their clothes was white with gold linings even for their boots. The Dark Pagans wore the opposite to that as they wore black with gold linings.

" 3, 2, 1, Fight!! "

The fight was brutal as both guilds went full power as soon as they started. One particular member of Order of Justice, Lancelot, was very skilled in swordsmanship. He used a greatsword and wielded it as if it was nothing. He beat his opponent into the ground and honorably, or it may just be arrogantly, let the others fight out their battles one on one. There was also a warrior from the Dark Pagans, Corum, that astonished everyone. He was an Archmage who's magic was powerful and yet, like Theo, he fought both physically and magically. He would smash his staff into his opponent's face, effectively stunning him, then blasted him with a torrent of water then clinching it with a barrage of lightning bolts.

Both guilds battered it out until only four were left standing and their wins announced.

The next battle came and the same level of ferocity could be seen as both guilds struggled for dominance. At the end four warriors were announced as the crowd went wild.

Xanathos' POV

We were in the waiting room laughing and talking as we discussed our match. We had given Ravia a sip of Miracle Water and she slowly recovered.

" When I was trapped in that bubble, I thought it was the end, " I chuckled. " But then I saw Val slice it and then I became angry. Angry that I looked like a wet dog while Val was standing there in all her glory. "

Everyone howled with laughter and I saw the faintest hint of a blush on Val's face. I chuckled to myself and listened to the other's ranting.

" Balkan was impressive, " Theo said. " He is an Elemental Master/ Element Archmage. He displayed a robust level of magic which made me have to stay on my toes. I have to give him credit. "

We all nodded as Claire began to talk next.

" My opponent wasn't even a challenge. I incapacitated him easily. "

We all laughed and then we heard the commentator announce that that was the end of today's matches and the end of the Preliminaries. He then paused before his booming voice rang out again.

" Tomorrow is the start of the solo matches. That's when the contestants will be pitted against each other, with only Eleven winners. So go get that extra training or upgrade your weapons, because come tomorrow you are gonna need them. So this is Derek Trout saying good day and good night!"

We then rose to leave as a man clad in white and gold armour walked up to us.

" Why hello old friends, " he said. " Great fighting out there. "

I looked on the grinning face and realized who it was. I grabbed his armoured hand and shook it before lightly punching his chest.

" Sir Lucian, " I exclaimed. " I knew not that you were here! Oh here's the maiden you nearly ran me through for. "

( For anyone who doesn't realize it, the sentence is in Old English so its correct)

Claire stepped forward with vigor and hugged the knight. He ruffled her hair and she released him.

" Well friends, I'll see you tomorrow as I have to leave now. Keep well and Xanathos, I'll be waiting for my fight. "

I put my fist on my chest and swore that I would fight him and beat him. He guffawed loudly and walked off with us waving goodbye. Everyone, excepting Claire stared at me in awe of how lightly I took the conversation with such a high ranking knight.

I ignored them with a light chuckle and walked towards the guild with their questions flying about like arrows.

***************************

Elsewhere in a computer lab...

" It's time, " a raspy voice said. " The GMs have made their move and are after the boy. They will activate his form at the Tournament. "

" It isn't fully complete, " said another. " I will upload it ASAP. So don't fret. "

The figures continued to debate into the night, worried for the lives of all those playing a certain Virtual Reality RPG.