Malware

As we pressed along into the cave, we stumbled upon a room that was at the end of the long corridor. I cautiously enter and examine the room. It was a relatively small room with nothing but an altar in the centre. Seeing no danger, I called Claire in, and we walked towards the altar. However, before we could look inside, a wave of energy blasted out of it, knocking us flat on our backs.

The energy then began to take shape in the form of a two legged beast coloured with red and black stripes. It glared at us and let out a ferocious roar that shook the entire cave. When the roar ended, a name tag popped up over its head, Malware Lvl 27. Holy mackerel! All of 11 levels above me! This is gonna be one heck of a fight.

Malware charged us and we quickly leapt out of its way. It became enraged and charged again, but this time I didn't dodge it. I pulled my fist back and threw an aura coated punch which met the charge and sent Malware flying.

“ Gaia's Wrath!" I shouted.

I punched the ground and a wave of rock slammed into Malware putting it at 80% HP. Claire jumped forward immediately after my attack hit and used 'Bleed', an ability for knives that causes anyone stabbed by the enchanted knife to bleed uncontrollably for 10 seconds. She then continued to repeatedly stab Malware then jumped off as it was no longer stunned. It roared in anger and pain as the bleeding took effect and its HP started to decrease by 1% per second. Malware then went on to create a blob of red slime which it threw at Claire. She dodged it but the wall that the goo landed on started to glitch then finally disappear.

Damn it, no wonder they call it Malware, I mused. We needed to dispatch this thing quickly before we end up like the wall.

I started to smile as I activated my next skill. “ AURA SHOT"

My aura then flared up in its normal Sky blue, then changed to a sparkling white to make my aura the opposite of the beasts. My aura began to concentrate in my palms and I released a blast of white energy onto Malware. The energy slammed Malware into a wall and burned away at its skin. The beast howled and wailed in agony as the white beam burned into its flesh.

“ Eat that jerk face" I quipped.

The beam died down and Malware was angrier than before. He slammed his humongous hands into my head rendering me unconscious.

Claire's POV

Malware smacked Xanathos in his head and he collapsed.

My eyes widened in fright as I run towards them “ X, no!"

" Malware you shall pay for this, SONIC DAGGER RUSH!"

I began to run around Malware slicing into his thick hide. Then my afterimage appeared and inflicted even more damage.

“ Ha!" I sliced his back. “ Raa" I cut one of Malware's hands off

Then to finish it I unleashed a power I never knew I had. “ LIMIT BURST!"

A wave of power exploded outwards from my body and I grew stronger. Wings sprouted from my back and my daggers turned white and blue. Malware now wailed in fear as he was on the floor trying to crawl away.

“ You shall not live, pest" said a voice I didn't recognize as my own. “ ULTIMATE LIGHT ART: BANISHMENT"

A giant halo of light appeared above Malware and started to descend towards him. It wailed and cried as the light burned it and it seemed as if there was a person underneath the black skin, as when the skin was burned off, I could see another body. Then the halo reached Malware and exploded into a huge burst of light. I covered my eyes and covered Xanathos with my body. Soon the light faded away, and Xanathos beautiful purple orbs stared up at me.

“ Thanks Claire" he said.

I blushed and got off him, and only then I realized that I had reverted to my original form. Malware was gone too, but in his stead was a boy, around Xanathos' age lying in a pile of rubble.