70 - Into the Depths

11th day of the forth Month, Worth's Moon

8:00 am

Donna Road

Kalen woke with a start that jolted him upright and right off his horse. Horse? Why was he on a horse?

Well he wasn't seconds later when he crashed to the ground and the other three pulled to a stop around him, Incendio and Theth laughing as Zedkiel swung down from his own horse to check.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Where are we?" Kalen groaned, rolling onto his side, a hand to his back.

"Travelling towards Danno City."

"Why?" he cough, sitting up, slowly drawing the air he'd knocked out of his lungs back into them.

"We're going to The Crystal Palace; it'll lead to The Forgotten Temple."

"A massive old library leads to a temple?"

"Many consider a library a form of a temple."

Kalen frowned up at Zedkiel then held up a hand and Zedkiel helped him up.

"You looked like you were having fun in that dream," Theth said, leaning against the neck of his horse as Kalen clambered aboard his own horse.

"Hardly," Kalen muttered as they continued on again, rubbing his head and yawning, he felt like he hadn't slept for a week. "Zedkiel, have you ever heard of the Lescarlo family?"

"Everyone's heard of the Lescarlo family," Incendio said. Kalen glanced at him and Incendio grinned.

"If your noble and up of course."

"Thanks for making me feel inferior, fur-ball. Who are they?"

"A Royal Vampirian family," Theth said.

Kalen pulled his horse to a stop. "Seriously?"

Theth nodded, yawning himself.

"They are an old family from the Vampire Realm, one of the oldest royal families out there actually, they have bore numerous Realmlores over generations," Zedkiel explained.

"And the latest generation?" Kalen asked, following.

"The queen and her twelve children."

"And a king?"

"The king was killed thirteen years ago, along with the thirteenth son." Zedkiel stopped his horse suddenly, frowning, then looking back at Kalen. "Why?"

"Those two vampires we met, Luther and Cain, they're sons of the Lescarlo family," Kalen said, riding past him.

"Right? And you saw this in your memory?"

"I saw it in my memory."

"And how does that connect to your past?"

Kalen shrugged and Zedkiel kicked his horse's side to quickly draw alongside Kalen.

"Kalen, are you—"

"I don't know," Kalen cut in before he could finish, "I want to confirm it with Luther and Cain, if we meet them again."

"You must be joking," Theth said, riding along side them, "Him?"

"Him what?" Incendio asked, catching up.

"What do you mean; him?" Kalen snapped.

"You? You're a ruffian."

"Him what?" Incendio asked again.