77 - Falsina

16th day of the forth Month, Worth's Moon

2:30 pm

The Forgotten Temple

Incendio regained consciousness to the sensation of being watched. Slowly, he opened his eyes to shadow. He was on a stone floor and there was the sound of rushing water nearby.

Twisting his head, he looked around. Ahead of him were thick stone balcony railing, where the sound of water from coming from. Behind him were double doors, torches set high above on the walls, barely illuminating the ground below.

He sat up, rubbing his side, grimacing. He'd fallen right though the ceiling, even though there was nothing but darkness up there now.

Looking around, he saw his bag nearby...

And something collapsed on the ground in the corner of the balcony, long black hair flared out around the head.

Incendio staggered to his feet, his right side protesting before he crept to the fallen body.

As soon as he could see the face, he recoiled, falling over, eyes wide. It was him! It was his face! But with black hair...

Incendio turned cold as he stared at the fallen figure.

"Flare," he gasped, reaching for his twin, hand trembling as he pulled himself forwards, gathering Flare into his arms, pushing his hair back from his face.

It was Flare. But... how?! Why? Why was he so far from home, in a place like this?

"Flare!" he shouted, shaking him, "Flare wake up!"

"He won't wake up just yet."

Incendio whirled around, clutching Flare close as he looked towards the balcony. A man sat there, looking at Incendio, legs crossed, elbow on thigh, chin in palm, looking back at him. Incendio frowned. Had they met before? There was something familiar about the face but...

"Who are you?" he growled.

"Ah, we haven't been introduced yet, have you?" the man said, smiling, "My name is Mica, and you've so far had the fortune to avoid me."

"Mica?" Incendio muttered, then his eyes darkened. "You're the one chasing me?"

"Hmm, chasing is one way to put it I suppose. I can't stay I followed you that closely though, I had things to do, places to be, people to meet who were far more interesting then you. All I had to do was wait and see if the other Knights were killed before you reached the temple. If they were, wonderful – you wouldn't be able to get here alone after all. If they weren't – surprise, surprise with my incompetent companions – I just had to leave a little bait out for you."

Incendio looked down at his brother and Mica straightened up.

"Go home," he said and Incendio looked at him in surprise.

"What?"

"Go home, with your brother. Return to where you belong, forget The Firelands and go home. One time offer, Incendio. Despite who I work for, I don't much care for the murder of children so go home."

Incendio stared at him. Go home? After everything and this person would let him just walk away? He could take Flare home if he left of course. His brother shouldn't even have been this far from home. He needed to get him back somehow.

"You'll let me take Flare home?" he asked, his tone careful and Mica smiled.

"Of course," he said, "Safe and in one piece."