one

Connor's POV

February 18, 2009

I sat down in my seat, ready for another tedious day at school. I twirled my pen in between my fingers, waiting for my English teacher to come in.

I didn't want to sound like a complete, typical teen, but I hated school with a strong, fiery passion. The only thing I would look forward to at the start of every school day was the end of the day. It's not that I didn't have any friends or anything. I did, but I wasn't very close to them. They were kind of just people who I would eat with and talk to, but wouldn't feel comfortable sharing my secrets with them.

After what seemed like hours, I heard the familiar clicks of the teacher's high heels. I sighed in relief - the sooner this class started, the sooner it ended.

"Good morning, class!" Miss Sugg greeted us. The class was silent. The only things you could hear were crickets chirping and the occasional popping of bubble gum.

"We've got a new student joining our class. Everyone say hi to Troye. With an 'e', as he told me earlier." Miss Sugg seemed way too excited, as if Troye would somehow convince the rest of the class that school was fun.

The response from the class was filled with mumbles of "hi".

I didn't bother looking up. I was too focused on the pen that I was somehow still twirling in my hand. All I heard was something about Troye taking a seat next to the boy twirling the pen. Before I could realise that that boy was me, I felt something hit the back of my chair, causing me to drop my pen. I wanted to yell and be annoyed at the person at fault, but I was too nice for that, so I just turned around. I was faced with the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I had ever seen.

This must be Troye.

He smiled at me, bending down to pick up my pen. "Sorry."

"It's alright." I smiled back. I felt like jelly. If I tried to stand up right now, I'd probably fall back down.

Troye broke our eye contact, sitting in the chair next to mine. I felt a wave of happiness come over me. I got to sit next to the gorgeous blue eyed boy from Australia. At least I think it was Australia. I wasn't really listening to the teacher. Whoops.

While the teacher was rambling on about Shakespeare and soliloquies, I couldn't stop thinking about the boy next to me.

---

By the end of the day, I had struck up conversation with Troye, invited him to sit with me and my friends, and exchanged numbers. This was a huge accomplishment on my part.

I walked home, humming to myself. If there was anything I loved more than food (and boy, did I love food), it was music. Music had always been my escape when I just needed to take some time to myself. It was practically my best friend.

I was so immersed in the song that I didn't hear the sound of footsteps approaching from behind me. I jumped a foot in the air when I felt a hand land on my shoulder. I turned around to see Troye.

"Oh my gosh, Connor. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!" Troye apologised, hiding his face in his hands.

"It's okay." I smiled back at him.

We walked in silence for a while, just appreciating each other's company.

"LA is so different to Perth. Everything is so much more... alive." He said, looking around.

"Do you miss home?" I asked.

"Well, LA is kind of my home now, but I guess I just really miss my friends back in Australia."

I nodded my head. "I'm sure you'll have no problem making new friends."

"Yeah, I hope so. I mean, I've already got as a friend. I think. I don't know if we're friends. Would you call us friends?" He asked, shyly.

"Of course." I grinned up at him.

He breathed an exaggerated sigh of relief. "Phew, that's good. If you said no, that would've been embarrassing."

I let out a laugh. "Which way are you going?"

"That way." He said, pointing to the right.

"Oh, I'm going left." I replied, kind of upset because I had wanted to talk to Troye more and get to know him.

We said our goodbyes, walking in our opposite directions.

Even though I hadn't paid much attention in school today and didn't learn much, I knew one thing was for certain.

I could not get Troye off my mind. Not only did he have the most striking eyes ever, but he was also the sweetest and most humble person I knew.

That's when I realised: I had a crush on the new kid, Troye Mellet.

~~~

Hey guys! This is my very first Tronnor fanfic, so I'm really sorry if it's terrible. Feedback is always appreciated :)

I've already got plans for this fanfic and how it's gonna end and everything. The first few chapters will be timeskips set in the past, so just watch for the dates and I don't think it will be too confusing... (hopefully)

If you're thinking that this fanfic is moving quite fast, it's because I'm just trying to write about all the important events of their past in just a few chapters. I'm hoping the fanfic will get more detailed when it becomes present day.

Hope you're all having a great day! Feel free to talk to me on my:

Instagram: vintagetronnor