thirty-six

Connor's POV

"Can you just tell me is going on?" Troye asked, raising his voice.

I sighed, slammed the door shut and stared at Troye, who stared back.

After Troye had walked in the supply room, I had stormed out, which resulted in Bethany sending us home to sort out our "issues".

"What do you mean?" I asked, tiredly.

"Just cut the bullshit, Connor. Something's obviously bothering you and I want to know what it is. Did I do something?" He asked.

"As a matter of fact, it is something you did." I crossed my arms.

"What did I do?" He asked, hurt. "Tell me!"

"Fine!" I yelled. "You want me to tell you? You want me to tell you how I was so in love with you this morning and then I go and find you kissing Tyler?"

He frowned and his mouth dropped open. "What do you- Oh."

"Oh." I repeated, angrily.

"You don't understand. He kissed me." He defended.

I sighed. "That's what they all say, Troye."

"But this time, it's actually true." He protested.

"Then how do you explain the "I miss you, too"?" I demanded.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, getting frustrated.

"After you guys kissed, or he kissed you, he had this whole speech about how he still had feelings for you and you said you missed him, too." I explained, sighing.

He raised his eyebrows. "And did you leave straight after that?"

I nodded, confused. "Yeah, what does that have to do with anything?"

"Because if you had stayed, you would have known that I said that I missed the old Tyler. The one we all first became friends with. Not the one we know now." He explained.

I hated to say it, but it made complete sense. My shoulder drooped and I looked down.

"Oh." I said, simply. "I'm sorry."

"I thought you trusted me." He said, tearing up.

"I do. I do. I'm sorry I doubted you." I apologised, quickly.

"Well, obviously you don't trust me enough." He said, quietly.

"What?" I asked.

"I said," He repeated, louder. "Obviously you don't trust me enough."

I frowned. "What are you talking about?"

He took a deep breath and wiped away his tears. A tear rolled off my cheek and hit the carpet.

"The day when you went to meet up with Bethany and her boyfriend, I came home early. You may remember me acting a little weirdly when you came back later."

I nodded, slowly. Was I finally about to get an explanation for his weird behaviour?

"I found something in your wallet." He continued. "It was a photo. Of us."

I furrowed my eyebrows together, confused.

And that's when it hit me.

He knows.

He knows it's me.

"Troye, I can explain." I said, quickly.

"Then, explain. Explain to me why you never told me who you really are." He said, angrily.