three

Connor's POV

September 19, 2010

A year had gone by since Troye and I confessed our feelings for each other. A week after that day, I had asked Troye to be my boyfriend, and thankfully, he said yes. That meant that today, September 19th, 2010, was our one year anniversary. Troye would be coming over to my house later. I thought we could just spend some time together and celebrate.

I knew some people who were in relationships, but got bored with their partner within a year. But for me, I had never felt stronger about Troye. He still never failed to make me smile and laugh, and my whole world would light up whenever I was with him. We had never been closer, and we were inseparable. I would do anything for him. Every time I was with him, I would feel something. Something inside my heart. Something strong.

Something like love.

I leaned back onto my headboard. I closed my eyes. Could it be? Was I in love with my best friend?

I stood up and walked over to the bathroom. I took a deep breath and splashed my face with cool water. I opened my mouth.

"I lo-

I couldn't say it. I had never felt this way before. I had never felt this way before. Because Troye made me feel this way. My life had changed the minute Troye walked into my life. That's how I knew.

"I love Troye Mellet."

---

The ring of the doorbell echoed through the house.

"It's for me!" I yelled.

I hurried down the stairs, running for the door. I opened it to see Troye, looking as beautiful as ever, with a beanie propped on his head. I grabbed his hand and led him inside. He said a quick hi and smiled at my mum, before following me into my room.

We sat down on my bed, facing each other with crossed legs.

"Do you remember the day we met?" Troye suddenly asked.

"Yeah, of course. It was the best day of my life." I smiled, thinking back to that day.

"Yeah..." Troye trailed off. "I'm glad I bumped into your chair."

"Same. And I'm also glad there was a spare seat next to me." I wiggled my eyebrows at him and he laughed. "So... we've been dating for a year now, Troye boy. When are you going to tell me your middle name?"

"Pfft. I'll tell you the day you tell me yours, Con da bon." Troye laughed.

"Ha, never gonna happen." I stuck my tongue out at him.

We talked for longer and by the time we tore our eyes off each other and looked at the time, my mum had already gone out, so we were alone.

I guess now would be the perfect time to tell him. I took a deep breath, hoping this would all end well.

"Troye, I need to tell you something." I started.

Troye frowned. "What's wrong? Are you okay? Has something happened?"

I chuckled. "Troye," I said, trying to find the right way to say this. "I just wanted you to know that I'm so happy I met you. My life has changed for the better and it's all because of you. Everyday I know I'm going to see you, I feel so excited and happy because you brighten up my day. I honestly don't know what I would do without you. I g-guess, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I love you, Troye."

There was a moment of silence. Troye sat there, looking at me with a shocked look on his face. Did he not feel the same way? I stared at him, waiting for him to say something. Something like "I love you too" or just for him to hug me.

After what seemed like an eternity of staring at each other, he finally sucked in some air and opened his mouth. But what came out was not what I was hoping for.

"I'm leaving." Troye finally said.

"What do you mean? It's only 5 o'clock. Stay for dinner." I frowned, confused.

"No, Con. I'm leaving. I'm moving to New York. My dad got a work transfer and we can't afford for him to keep flying here to visit us. So we're moving." Troye mumbled, looking down at his hands.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I finally realised what was happening and laughed.

"Oh my gosh, you're kidding! Very funny, Troye, but that really scared me. Are you filming this?" I said, still laughing at the clever joke.

"It's not a joke, Connor. I'm really moving. You need to accept that." Troye said, looking into my eyes, trying to get me to understand.

My smile faded. He really wasn't kidding. I could see it in his eyes. This was really happening.

"Accept what? Accept that I just told you I love you, only for you to throw it back in my face and tell me you're leaving?" I raised my voice.

"Connor, calm down. Please." Troye pleaded.

"Calm down? How can I calm down? I love you so much and now you're leaving me!" I started yelling.

"I love you too, Con. But I can't do anything about this." Troye remained calm. God knows how.

"You're just saying you love me because you'll never see me again and never have to deal with me following you around anymore!" Tears started filling my eyes.

"Trust me, Connor. I love you. I truly do. But I need to be with my family." Troye's eyes started welling up with tears.

"This is real. This is actually happening." I lowered my voice, all the energy drained from me.

Troye didn't say anything. He just reached forward to hold my hand and squeezed it.

"When do you leave?" I whispered.

"Tomorrow morning. This is the last time we'll be able to see each other." His voice broke.

I choked on air. This could not be happening. No, this was all just a bad dream which I would wake up from soon.

"Look, Con. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but things will be okay. I love you and I still will love you after I leave. Everything you said before about me you being happy to have met me? I feel exactly the same way. You are the only person I can be myself around and I'm the happiest when I'm with you. You are my first love, and not only that, you are the first person who I can proudly call my best friend."

Tears started streaming down my face. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too. I'll be back before you know it." A single tear rolled down Troye's cheek.

"Do you promise?" I held out my pinky like we were children again.

"I promise." He linked his pinky with mine.

I pulled Troye towards me, connecting my lips with his. It was a passionate, slow kiss. No rush, just love. It brought me back to our very first kiss, and I realised that nothing had changed. The sparks still flew like the 4th of July.

We both pulled away, holding each other in a hug. I sobbed, all my tears flowing freely down my face.

"This isn't goodbye." Troye muttered into my neck. "It's just a 'see you later.' And we will. See each other again, I mean. I'll text you everyday. I'll call everyday actually. I'll call you on Skype and email you every single day."

But he never did.

~~~

I don't know how, but I somehow managed to write 1257 words????? Next chapters will almost definitely not be as long but idk... if I've got inspiration, I'll write more..?

The next chapter will be the first chapter set in present day so yay that's exciting!1!!!1!

Btw I don't know if anyone noticed but I uploaded three chapters today. *gasp* That's just because I thought the first two chapters were complete shit on their own. From now on, I'll probably upload once or twice a week.

Hope you're all having a great day! Feel free to talk to me on my:

Instagram: vintagetronnor