twenty-five

Connor's POV

I rolled over and rubbed my eyes, tiredly. I shot my arms out in a stretch, feeling my fist hit something large, causing it to let out a small yelp.

"Ouch! What was that for?" An Australian accent said.

I opened my eyes and was met face-to-face with Troye's blue eyes.

"Oh, sorry." I said, probably sounding more tired than sorry.

"It's okay. Did you sleep well? Are you in pain anywhere?" He asked, scanning my body.

"I'm fine. And yeah, I did sleep well." I smiled. "Because you were here with me."

Troye wrapped his arms around me. "So, when can I tell the world that you're my boyfriend?"

I giggled, happily. "Say those last three words again."

He grinned, hugging me tighter, but being careful not to hurt my ribs or stomach. "You're my boyfriend."

"I like the sound of that." I said, quietly.

"So do I." He replied. "So, you never answered my question. When do you want to tell everyone?"

I thought about it for a second. "I kind of want to keep it to ourselves for a little while. Because once people like Tyler find out, they're going to go out of their way to cause us trouble. But only if that's what you want."

He nodded. "I see your point. We'll wait for the perfect moment to come out to everybody. But when we do and if things don't go to plan, we'll always have each other and that's all that matters."

I nearly teared up. If we were back in 2010, I would have shouted out my love for him right then and there. But, after all, we had only gotten (back) together yesterday, so it was way too soon for love. For Troye, anyway.

"I really like you." I ended up saying.

"I really like you, too." He said, before giving me a quick kiss on my forehead. "Now, let's go and face the world."

He got up and headed to the bathroom. Just before he shut the door, he turned around and spoke.

"Would you like to go to dinner tonight?" He asked, nervously.

"Like, on a date?" I asked, a smile forming on my face.

He nodded. "But you don't have to if you don't want to. I know you wanted to keep us on the downlow, so we can just do something small, like dinner, but we'll pretend we're just friends. Or if you just want to stay here, that's okay, too. Or a movie-"

"Troye." I interrupted him, laughing. I walked up to him. "I agreed to be your boyfriend, so I could do stuff like this with you. I would love to go out with you. Dinner sounds good."

He sighed, relieved. "Okay, good. We'll head to the Italian place downtown that you said you wanted to try. I'll make a reservation for 7:30, so we'll get a good table. I want things to be perfect on our first date."

I hugged him. "It's going to be perfect."

"How do you know?"

"Because I'll be with you." I smiled.

"Cheesy, much?" He chuckled.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, playfully. "I'll see you at work. As friends."

Troye pouted. "So, no kisses?"

"No kisses." I said, poking his nose.

"Are you sure you're ready to work, though? You were literally discharged from hospital yesterday." He said, with a concerned look on his face.