twenty-two

WARNING: there is a bit of violence in this chapter :)

well actually my writing isn't good enough to call it violence - just note it as me trying to write violence but making it seem like a civilised punch or something okay enjoy my terrible writing

~~~

Connor's POV

"Hi, how can I help you?" I asked the customer over the counter.

"Hi, I'll have a cantaloupe and mango frappé, please." She said, fishing money out of her wallet.

"That would be $5.50." I smiled.

She handed me the cash. "Here you are."

"Thank you. Have a nice day." I said, kindly.

She smiled and stood off to the side, waiting for her drink.

I looked back ahead, waiting for the next customer to order. Once I saw who it was, I groaned.

"What can I get you, Oakley?" I glared.

"Let's see." Tyler pretended to think. "I'd like a donut. I'd also like my boyfriend back, but you made sure that wouldn't happen, Franta."

I looked around, hoping Troye wasn't anywhere nearby. Not only did he really not need to see Tyler, but I really hoped he hadn't heard Tyler say my real last name.

Once I realised he was in the back room, I turned back to Tyler.

"Seriously, what are you doing here?" I asked, completely done with his bullshit.

"I want to talk." He said, crossing his arms.

"Troye's not here. Besides, I don't really think he would want to talk to you." I pointed out.

"Who are you to decide who he wants to talk to?" Tyler sneered.

"I'm his best friend." I shot back.

"Besides," He ignored me. "I'm here to talk to you."

I raised my eyebrows. "It better be quick, because in case you didn't notice, I'm kind of in the middle of my shift."

"When's your break?" He asked, coldly.

I looked at my watch, calculating. "Half an hour."

"I'll wait. Get me that donut." He said, sitting down at a table.

I rolled my eyes, grabbing a donut and placing not-so-carefully on a plate. I smirked, as the donut had raisin jam in the centre, knowing damn well Tyler hated raisins.

I walked over to his table, and placed the plate down with a fake smile.

"Thanks, Connie." He spat.

"No problem, Tilly." I scoffed, walking back to the counter. I smiled, when I heard coughing and the swallowing of water.

---

30 minutes and infinite death stares later, I took off my apron and walked over to Tyler's table, sitting down.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Well, firstly, I'd like to thank you for the delicious raisin donut." He glared.

"No problem, I knew you'd like it." I smiled.

"Secondly, how'd it go with Troye?" Tyler asked, slyly.

"It went well, actually." I said. Part of that was true, actually.

"Oh, really? What did he say?" He asked, seeming genuinely interested.

"Oh, you know, just that he had feelings for me, too." I shrugged, not caring at all if I was making Tyler feel like shit.