thirty-seven

Connor's POV

I watched in shock as Troye rushed straight onto the road, not noticing the car coming straight at him. The road was an open road, which meant that the car was going at a very high speed.

I ran out onto the road, yelling at Troye to move out of the way. He turned around and his eyes widened, as he saw the car. He must have been too shocked to move, because he just stayed in the same spot.

Without a second thought, I pushed Troye out of the way and braced myself for the impact of the car. But as much as I prepared myself for the hit, nothing could have prepared me for the agonising pain I felt going through my abdomen, as I was sent flying a few metres through the air. I landed on the ground with a painful thud and noticed a pool of blood forming around me.

Shaking, my hand hovered over the area in my side that hurt the most, and lightly touched it. I shut my eyes and winced from the throbbing pain. A tear rolled off the side of my eye and landed on the road.

By now, a large group of people had gathered around me. I heard a few people on the phone, who sounded like they were calling the ambulance. All of a sudden, I felt someone stroke my hair and I opened my eyes to see a terrified Troye.

"Connor?" He said, fear evident in his voice. "C-can you hear me?"

"Yeah." I replied, hoarsely.

He let out a sigh of relief. "Are you okay? Don't worry, the ambulance is coming."

"Tr-Troye?" I stuttered, starting to feel a heavy throb in my head.

"Yeah?." He said, holding my hand, immediately warming me up.

"It-it hurts. A lot." I cried.

He looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows. "It's okay. I'm here."

I felt my eyelids getting heavy, and my head started swimming. I heard the sound of distant sirens approach and I breathed, shakily.

"The ambulance is coming, Con. Just hold on a little longer." He said, stroking my hair back.

"If something happens, I want you to know that I'm so s-sorry I never told you the truth." I coughed, tasting blood in my mouth.

Troye's eyes widened and gripped my hand tighter. "Don't talk like that. You're going to be fine."

"What if I'm not though? It really hurts." I sobbed.

"No." He said, as firmly as he could. "I'm not losing you. Not again."

"I feel dizzy." I said, shutting my eyes.

"No, Connor. Keep your eyes open. Please." He begged, but I couldn't. It was too painful.

All of a sudden, I heard some unfamiliar voices around me and I felt myself being lifted up.

"I'm sorry, sir. There's no room in the ambulance for you." I heard a man's voice say.

"No! I have to come. He's my boyfriend." Troye's voice echoed.

"You may follow us in your car, sir. But not in the ambulance. I'm sorry." The man said.

With all my might, I opened my eyes and looked at Troye. "It's okay, Tro. I'll be okay."

He looked at me, sadly, then nodded. "Okay. Okay, I'll meet you there. Please, don't leave me."

I shut my eyes again and tried to relax. "I won't. I promise."

"I love you." He said, before he was pulled away by the ambulance officers.

"I love you, too."

---