twenty-one

Connor's POV

"What do you think?"

I snapped out of my daze and looked up to see Bethany with her eyebrows raised.

"Yes." I quickly said, hoping it was a valid answer to her question. I probably should've paid more attention, whoops.

"Yes, you think I should move to London?" She asked, sadly.

"Wait, what?" I exclaimed, surprised. "You're moving to London? No, no, no. I wasn't listening, sorry. I don't think you should move. I don't want you to."

"But you obviously have your own problems here and you don't need me anymore." Bethany said, looking away.

"No, I do!" I yelled, quietly. "I do need you. Why are you moving? Please don't go."

Bethany stared at me for a second, before a big smile cracked onto her face. "Relax, I'm just messing with you. I'll always be here for you."

I sighed with relief. "Thank God. You scared me."

"Yeah, I know." She laughed. "Now, are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." I lied. "Why would you think that?"

"Well, you obviously weren't listening to me talking about Kian earlier, and you've barely touched your toast." Bethany pointed out.

"I'm just not hungry." I said. It wasn't a complete lie.

"Yeah, right. Come on, Con, you love avocado on toast and I know you are never too hungry for breakfast, what with your whole "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" thing."

I sighed. Why did Bethany have to know me so well?

"Okay, fine. If you must know, it's about Troye." I said, quietly.

"Jeez, it always is. Con, don't you think it's not very healthy that he's causing you all this stress?" Bethany said, concerned.

"I'm only stressed because I care and he means a lot to me." I replied, smiling.

"Okay, fine. So, what's up?" She asked.

"Where do I even begin?" There was so much to tell Bethany, I didn't even know if I could make it through breakfast without crying.

"From the beginning? I don't know." She shrugged.

"Okay, let's see." I started. "So you remember when I told you about Tyler cheating on Troye?"

"Yeah, that was a few days ago." She replied.

"Yeah. Well, after I left, I went to find Troye, and I told him." I said.

"How'd he take it?" She asked, seriously.

"Not well, as you'd expect. After I told him, he said he'd go find Tyler and break things off." I continued. "And then two days ago, he came to my apartment, crying, and he said he'd just broken up with him."

"Tyler doesn't deserve someone like Troye." Bethany said.

"Yeah, that's what I told him. So basically, we spent the day eating ice cream and watching movies, until there was a knock on the door." I said.

"This is so interesting, it's like one of those suspense stories. Continue." Bethany chuckled.

"I went to get the door and it was Tyler."

Bethany gasped.

"He was mad at me for telling Troye about him and that Korey dude. And then he found out that Troye was in my apartment with me, and he thought that we were, you know, doing it."

"And then?" She asked, urgently.

"And I denied it, because we really weren't. But Tyler started going on about how my feelings for Troye were really obvious, and basically announced to the world how I felt about him." I said, still furious with Tyler.

"Oh my God." Bethany put her hand over her mouth, starting to understand where I was going with this.

I nodded. "Troye heard everything and I kind of didn't deny it, so he locked himself in my room. I told Tyler to leave, and managed to get Troye to let me in. He asked me a bunch of questions, like when I started having feelings for him, and if they were genuine."

"And then..?"

"We started talking about our kiss and how we both couldn't stop thinking about it." I smiled, slightly.

Bethany squealed.

I chuckled. "And then, he said he had feelings for me, too."

At this point, Bethany was full on fangirling.

"But then he said he wasn't looking for a relationship and we couldn't act on our feelings and that we should just stay friends. And then he left. The end." I finished, quickly.

Bethany's grin faded away and was replaced with a frown. "Wait, that's it?"

I shrugged, not knowing what else to say. Also, if I spoke, I'd probably start crying.

"That can't be it. Did he really say that?" She asked, surprised.

"Yeah." My voice broke.

"Oh, Con. Are you okay?" She asked.

I shook my head, my eyes tearing up. "Not really, no."

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. Part of me kind of gets the whole "friends" thing, but of course, I want us to be more. I want things to go back to the way they were 6 years ago." I said, as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"Do you want my advice?" Bethany asked, patting my back.

I nodded.

"You go along with the friends thing. I know, it may seem like a bad idea, like you're moving backwards in your relationship, but it's the best thing to do. It's either friends or nothing, and I know which one you would want more. Right now, you can only hope that he finds out soon that not all guys are like Tyler." She said, kindly.

"Okay, I see your point." I sighed.

"Just remember that I'm always here for you if you need to talk. You're practically my brother, Con, and I hate to see you so upset." She smiled.

"Thanks, Bethers. Same applies to you." I nodded, wiping away my tears. "Now, tell me about Kian again."

Bethany rolled her eyes and laughed. "Well, you see..."

As she gushed about her movie marathon date with Kian, I tried my best to forget about Troye. And, surprisingly, it kind of worked.

~~~

Hey guys! Sorry it's just a filler chapter and nothing really happens but I'm really excited for the next chapter ehehehehehe

Also I wasn't planning on updating so soon but SOMEONE coughcoughjuliecoughcough said she'd stab me with chicken nuggets if I didn't soooo

Hope you're all having a great day! Feel free to talk to me on my:

Instagram: vintagetronnor

And go find my amazing and not-at-all-impatient child, Julie:

Instagram: troye.daddy
Wattpad: connorstroyebles