epilogue

In 25 years, Troye had experienced more love and grief than someone twice his age. He had had a love so beautiful, and he was forever grateful to Connor for that.

The grief drove Troye to spend nights out drinking and partying. He would sometimes sleep around with a few guys, but he would feel absolutely nothing. Nothing would ever compare to the warmth and affection he would always have for Connor. One morning after, Troye lay in a stranger's bed and thought. He thought about the first time he met Connor, and how his whole life had changed the moment he saw his smile. He hadn't known then that that smile would've been with him through the ups and downs of life. And he definitely hadn't known then that that smile would've been taken away from him 8 years later.

On the 2nd anniversary of Connor's death, Troye planted a sunflower outside the ice cream parlour. He sat down next to it, singing their song, tears falling from his eyes as he did so. He talked to the sunflower - to Connor - and talked about how his life had changed since his love was taken away from him. About how he spent the night with guys he could never remember the next day. About how he had never felt as much pain as this before. About how he blamed himself for forgetting Connor and causing them so many troubles. He talked about how, even though his whole life had been turned upside down because of it, he would never go back in time and stay in Australia. He continued singing, remembering how fond Connor was of his voice, and how he had always encouraged Troye to become a singer and live his dream. So, that's what he did. He pursued a singing career; not only for himself, but for Connor.

After a year of posting covers of songs on the internet, Troye was discovered by a big record label. He held the pen, about to sign what could define the rest of his life. And that's what scared him the most. What if his singing career never worked out? He'd feel like a complete disappointment to himself and Connor. But then, he remembered their favourite saying: "Art is risk." And with that, he signed his name on the dotted line, and hence became known as Troye Sivan.

A year later, he released his debut album. To the world, Troye Sivan had released 16 new songs. But, to him, Troye Mellet had written 16 songs for his lost love. The success of the album was higher than expected, and before long, Troye announced his first tour. He travelled the world, met many new people, and saw all the beautiful sights of the world. But, one thing was missing - Connor. All their plans to travel the world together, and now Troye felt like he was betraying him by doing it all without him. But, to honour Connor's memory, he travelled to Paris and engraved their names in a heart on a lock, and attached it to a bridge. He travelled to Australia and told his friends all about Connor and their beautiful love story. And lastly, he travelled to New Zealand and dedicated every song he sang to his love.

One day, after another one of his sold out shows, he met Jacob. And he felt something he hadn't felt in 4 years. That night, he lay in his hotel room and, as he had done for the past few shows, he talked to Connor about how he had met someone, and asked him whether it was okay if he moved on. And somehow, he was able to remember the promise he made to Connor all those years ago. If it made Troye happy, it would have made Connor happy.

Troye's life neared its end, and at the age of 85, he had achieved so many things. He was married to Jacob, and together, they had adopted 2 girls and 1 boy. His love with Jacob was great, and he was happy. Jacob had made him feel like love could exist again. But, nothing could ever beat the excitement, yet fear he had felt with Connor. Somehow, it had been 60 years since Connor had left, and Troye found himself sitting where the old sunflower used to grow outside the ice cream parlour that had closed down a few decades ago. As much as he loved Jacob, he still missed that hole in his heart where Connor had once belonged. He looked down at the small dent in the soil, reminding him of the time when he had to dig up the sunflower because it had died. It had made him feel as if he wasn't just digging up the flower, he was also digging up Connor's memory. He looked down at his hand and fiddled with the small ring that encircled his left ring finger. The one that sat under his wedding ring. The only piece of Connor he had left. He may have moved on, but he would never forget the love they once had.

"Don't worry, Con da bon." He smiled, remembering their old nicknames for each other.

"One day, we'll be together again."

~~~

Well fuck its over.

Thank you guys so much for reading, voting, and commenting on this fanfic - it means heaps and I'm glad that you enjoyed it :)

BeTheConnorToMyTroye I wrote this a week ago so Troye meeting Jacob was not intentional in any way hahaha

ALSOALSOALSO I have another fanfic which is up right now called 'stone cold'. It's a high school AU :) please go read it yay thankiesss

For the last time for now, hope you're all having a great day! Feel free to talk to me on my:

Instagram: vintagetronnor