thirty-one

For Multi_Tronnor for being so amazing :)

~~~

Connor's POV

A few days passed after our little walk on the beach, and things had never been better.

Sometimes, when we were just hanging out at home, I would catch Troye drawing the heart venn diagram on random pieces of paper. Everytime he caught me looking, he'd just reply with a simple "for you". And every single time, my heart would flutter like crazy.

Ding!

My head shot up and I picked up my phone, to see that it was a text from Bethany.

From: Bethers

MEET ME AT THE COFFEE SHOP IN 30 MINUTES. THERE'S SOMEONE I WANT YOU TO MEET.

To: Bethers

WHO

From: Bethers

YOU'LL SEE WHEN YOU COME

To: Bethers

OKAY FINE WHY ARE WE YELLING

From: Bethers

I HAVE NO IDEA BUT DON'T BE LATE OKAY

To: Bethers

OKAY SEE YOU LATER

I clicked send and put down my phone. I looked around the room and began to get ready to go out.

"Troye?" I called.

"Yeah?" He replied, coming into the room.

"I'm meeting up with Bethany later, if you want to come." I said, picking out my favourite beanie.

"Sorry, I'm meeting up with my old friend, Kayla, from Australia. She arrived last night and I thought I'd help show her around Los Angeles." He explained.

"Oh, that's okay, then." I said, remembering hearing her name before. "I'm heading out now, so I'll see you later today, okay?"

"Okay." Troye smiled, and helped me adjust the beanie on my head. When he was done, he placed a light kiss on my forehead.

I grinned, waving goodbye. "See you."

"Bye." He waved after me, as I walked out the door.

I opened my phone to check the time, as I turned the corner. I began walking faster, as I put my phone back in my pocket. Just as I looked up, I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." The person said, reaching out his hand in case I fell.

"It's alright. I wasn't watching where I was going." I replied, looking up at the person.

I almost gasped out loud, as I recognised the familiar face.

It was Korey.

"No, it's my fault." He apologised, kindly.

To be honest, I kind of wanted him to be an asshole, so it was easier for me to hate him about the whole cheating thing. But he seemed to be the complete opposite - he seemed like a really nice person. He didn't seem like someone who would want to come between someone else's relationship. Maybe he didn't know that Tyler was already taken.

"I-it's fine." I said, still recovering from the shock of seeing him.

He looked at me, weirdly. "Have we met before?"