Chapter Eight

Sitting up in bed I sigh heavily before climbing out.

I am not gonna sleep tonight.

George and I had another row because he wants me to come to this really posh meeting thing with other Alphas from neighboring packs and I said no because I knew my old Alpha will probably be there, George hasn't marked me yet and I know that if my old Alpha gets a minute alone with me he will try anything to hurt me or steal me away.

Climbing out of bed, I'm pulled to a halt when George grabs my wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks.

My wolf vision kicks in and I make eye contact with him.

"I'm going outside." I snap.

"No you aren't, and even if I let you, I will be stood there by your side." He growls sitting up.

Snatching my hand back I growl at him then storm out of the bedroom and out of the house.

Walking towards a large potted plant I grab the packet of cigarettes one of the guards hides and light one up.

Sitting on the floor with my knees pulled up to my chest, I rest my chin on my knee and stare out at the dark night sky.

"Your smoking?" He scoffs, "I don't fucking think so!" 

Death glaring him as he stomps on the cigarette I shove past him and storm into the kitchen.

Making myself some pop-tarts I sit on the counter and wait for the toaster to ping.

George walks in and stands against the counter between my legs.

Scoffing I turn my face away from him and he grips my thighs.

"Leave me alone George, I don't want to see your face right now." I snap.

"Look at me." He growls, keeping my eyes stuck on the toaster I purse my lips into a tight line, he grips my chin and yanks my face so I make eye contact with him, even then I lower my gaze so I'm looking down at my lap.

"Damn it Skylar!" He yells slamming his fist down on the kitchen top.

Flinching I keep my gaze down until his cool, minty breath fans over my face, my eyes slowly scan up his muscular torso and I stare at his lips.

Thick, moist, pink lips, slight parted as he calms his anger.

My pop-tarts ping up making me jump again and I push George aside and pick up a small plate.

Placing my pop-tarts on the plate I make myself a cup of tea.

Munching down my snack fast, I put my dishes in the sink before walking past George, heading up to our bedroom.

Half way up the stairs, George wraps his arms around me and lifts me off the floor.

Laying against his chest, I bury my head in the crook of his neck before sighing.

"Please come to meeting with me? I need you by my side, you are the source to my strength." He begs, I groan and run my fingertip over his collarbone.

"If I agree will you shut up about this stupid meeting?" I yawn, he hums in response, a shiver running down my spine as I hear the noise.

"Yes..I will go to the meeting with you."