Chapter Thirty-Eight

Sitting on the floor of the bathroom with my knees up against my chest I listen to the soft piano music playing from George's speakers.

Hearing the bathtub filling up I stand up and turn off the hot water I drop the towel onto the floor before stepping into the bath.

Laying in the water I feel small pinches all over my body as the water warms up my cold skin.

Closing my eyes I sigh and feel myself dropping off into sleep.

I'm so exhausted.

-------------

Hearing a muffled voice, there's soon two hands that pull me up and I gasp.

Opening my eyes I look up to see George looking panicked.

"Why were you laid underneath the water?! You could have died Skylar!!" He yells.

Opening my mouth to say something, I can't find my voice, instead my eyes tear up and I sniffle.

George lifts me up out of the tub and wraps his robe around me.

Carrying me bridal style into the bathroom he sits on the bed with me on his lap.

"You scared me.." He whispers.

Placing my hand on his cheek he looks up into my eyes and sadly smiles.

I didn't mean to do it.

And I want to tell him that I fell asleep by accident but my wolf won't let me speak.

I don't know how long I was  underneath the water for but I know I wouldn't have been able to hold my breath for that long.

Nathaniel.

What if he was right?

Maybe I am a Morphium.

That would explain how I managed to survive all of the pain I've been put through in my life.

"Natasha and Hazel will be up here in about an hour to start getting ready with you for the Ball this afternoon. I suggest you take a nap." He says flat-tone before standing up and walking out of room.

Landing on the floor I wince and slowly pull myself up onto my feet.

Frowning I stand infront of the mirror and run my hand over my cheek.

Shaking my head I turn away and drop George's  robe, walking over to the bed I slip under the thick blankets and wrap myself up.

Hearing a blow of wind I roll over to see Nathaniel sat on the window seat.

His eyes dark, he's soon sat on the bed beside me, tucking hair behind my ear.

"Why aren't you talking?" He asks.

I shrug and wrap the blanket around myself as I sit up.

"You were under the water for a long time, your instinctive wolf has shut itself down."

Go away.

I don't want you here.

GO AWAY!

Nathaniel twitches and soon he's gone.

I can't sleep now.

Climbing out of bed I pull on George's robe and walk out into the hallway.

Where's Natasha?

Where's Hazel?

Knocking on Hazel's door, she opens it holding Annabelle and I grin at the two of them.

Hazel playfully rolls her eyes and lets me cuddle with Annabelle.

"George is in a bad mood.." She sighs.

I nod and sit on the chair by the door.

"Is it because of you?" She asks.

Nodding again I lower my head.

"Is it because you aren't talking to anybody?" She smiles kneeling down infront of me.

I nod again and hold my finger out to Annabelle, she wraps her tiny hands around my finger and holds it to her chest.

Letting out a small laugh I hear Hazel chuckle.

Natasha bursts through the door and looks at the two of us with a really happy expression.

"I'm pregnant.." She squeals.

Hazel congratulates her and hugs her.

All I feel is jealousy.