Chapter Fifty-Three

Crying into the pillow I clutch it tightly.

Hearing the door open, I slowly raise my head up I see George stood in the doorway. 

He gives me a deadpan look before undressing and climbing into bed.

Rolling onto my other side so I'm facing away from him.

He sighs loudly before getting comfortable.

I wait for his arms to wrap around me but it never happens.

Looking over my shoulder I see his back is faced toward me.

The tears build back up and I storm out of the bedroom, running outside I run into the woods.

The tears cloud my vision but I somehow make it to the doorstep of the broken down mansion.

Stepping inside I collapse onto the floor, a loud sob erupting from my chest.

In seconds, I feel arms wrap around me, curling up into a ball I let Nathaniel cradle me in his lap.

"What's happened?" He asks stroking my hair.

"He knows...." I whisper.

Nathaniel pauses before continuing to stroke my hair.

"He knows? He knows about what?" He asks.

Why is he making me spell it out?!

He knows exactly what I'm talking about!

"George knows everything. About us in my past life. He found a really dusty book in his office and I tried to take it away but he warned me. He opened it and there was a photograph of us together. He won't talk to me. He won't touch me. And when he looks at me...there's no emotion." I sob.

I begin to hiccup from crying so much and Nathaniel lifts my chin up before gently kissing me.

Sitting up in bed I gasp for breath and I feel the sweat dripping off my body.

George groans and sits up his eyes half open.

"What's wrong?" He asks, his voice full of sleep.

"Just a nightmare. Go back to sleep George." I smile kissing his forehead.

He sleepily smiles before snuggling back into the blanket.

Sitting there frozen I stare down at him and I feel myself smile.

I'm so lucky to have him.

Slipping out of bed I walk over to Emilio and gently lift him into my arms.

Walking over to the window seat I sit down and get comfortable before staring out.

In the direction of the mansion. 

Seeing something move, my eyes skim through the trees until I see Nathaniel stood on the edge of the woods.

He places his hand on his chest, before kissing his fingers and pointing towards me.

My jaw drops and I stare at him as he slowly drops his arm back down to his side.

I put my free hand onto my chest, kiss my index and middle finger before pointing down at him.

He smiles and then vanishes.

Looking up at the moon I feel Emilio move in my hold before resting.

Biting the inside of my cheek I just watch how the moon glows in the pitch black sky.

I'm losing my mind.

Help me.