Chapter Forty-Four

Sitting in this room minutes felt like hours.

I'm surprised therm hasn't been a search party for me..

I've been gone for at least a day.

Seconds later, my mum opens the door and tells me to be quiet because there are pack guards outside.

Sneaking behind a fallen tree I peek over the edge to see Jack and Lloyd.

"Luna?...What're you doing here?" Jack barks.

"I was with my mum..turns out she didn't die after all." I smile innocently and Lloyd hugs me tightly before looking around for my mum.

"Where is she?" He asks.

"Mum...it's safe!" I call, soon enough I see her long brown hair pop up and she nervously smiles at me.

I hold my hand out and she grabs it quickly.

"This is my mum, my real mum.." I sigh happily.

"Go on through.." Lloyd smiles patting my shoulder.

We walk past them and I see the glow of the pack house and the smell of food hits me hard.

I'm eating for two now and I really need to eat.

As we enter the house I hear George ask, "Where's Skylar? I haven't seen her all day?"

There are multiple replies of, "I've not seen her either."

Turning I look at my mum and smile at her, she takes three deep breaths before nodding.

Walking into the Kitchen, everyone turns towards us and stares. "Guys...I found my mum"

Everyone gets up and congratulates me, before making a space beside where I sit for my mum.

We both sit, move the hair from our eyes and sip our water.

"Chinese fooood! I was craving it all day!" Natasha sings.

"George's older sister, Natasha, pregnant like I am and she's very loud. Her mate is Denva; the one sat beside her. " I whisper whilst piling food onto my plate. 

My mum shovels her food down and grins at me.

Rolling my eyes I begin to eat, I feel George's hand on my knee  which makes me look up at him and smile.

"I love you.." He whispers into my ear.

Smiling I whisper, "I love you too".

After eating I feel myself beginning to get tired and mum is almost asleep at the table.

"I'll take her to the spare room and then I'm going to bed, don't stay up too late." I smile kissing his forehead.

Helping my half asleep mum up, we walk upstairs, take a left, then go straight for about 28 steps then turn right and we were at the spare bedroom.

"You are able to lock the doors and windows. The girls and I will take you shopping along the next couple days. I love you mum." I whisper tucking her in.

"Goodnight love." She groans rolling onto her side.

Closing the door I walk back to our bedroom and step inside.

Keeping the lights off I just strip down and walk over to the bed.

Getting under the blanket I feel a warm presence beside me.

"George..." I yawn.

He soon wraps his arms around me and holds me against him.

"Goodnight Daddy-to-be." I giggle.

"Goodnight Mummy-to-be." He laughs.