Chapter Ten

Walking down the hall towards our bedroom I feel the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

I excused myself from the meeting to go to the bathroom.

Which was a lie....I just wanted to get away from his beady eyes.

Hearing footsteps behind me I quicken my pace but it doesn't do a thing as in seconds I'm spun round and pinned against the wall.

"Let go of me." I snap.

He chuckles down at me, a growl releasing from his chest.

The sound is terrifying.

"I said. Let. Me. Go." I growl.

Feeling my eyes sting, I blink a couple times then stare up into his eyes.

Fear flashes over his face and I shove him off of me, he falls onto the floor and I stand over him.

"YOU ARE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT! YOU ABUSED ME AND LET MY FAMILY ABUSE ME JUST BECAUSE YOU WANTED ME AS YOUR LUNA! I DON'T WANT YOU! I LOVE GEORGE, HE IS MY TRUE MATE, THE MOON GODDESS PAIRED US TOGETHER BECAUSE WE ARE THE PERFECT MATCH! HE CALMS MY ANGER AND I DO SO TO HIM! DON'T EVER LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME EVER AGAIN! I MAY NOT BE HIS TRUE LUNA YET BUT I SWEAR TO THE MOON GODDESS THE DAY I BECOME LUNA I WILL HAPPILY BANISH YOU FROM OUR LANDS! YOU CLUELESS MUTT!" I warn, every word filled with venom which I happily spat at him.

Feeling a warm hand on  the back of my neck, I close my eyes and look up at George.

"Get off of my pack lands." He growls.

My old Alpha scurries to his feet and runs out of the door.

As soon as the other two Alphas say their goodbyes and leave I break down sobbing.

George sighs and strokes my hair.

Slowly calming myself, I push my way out of his arms and stumble into our bedroom.

Stripping out of the dress and kicking off the shoes  I walk into the wardrobe for something comfortable to wear.

Changing into some black PJ shorts and a light grey v neck I throw my hair up into a ponytail.

Walking towards the bed I feel arms wrap around my waist and I'm lifted up into the air, squealing I wriggle around in his arms.

George chuckles then lays me on the bed, "My woman should never have to do things for herself, she should be worshiped, even in the bedroom..."

His low, seductive growl escapes his chest as his eyes glow gold and his pupils dilate.

Smiling I run the back of my hand down his jawline, his eyes flutter close and I feel my heart skip a beat.