Chapter Twenty-Two

"Who knew you could fight like that?!" George exclaims wrapping his arms around me as we sit around a campfire.

It's me, George, Natasha, her mate Denva, Hazel and her mate Lloyd.

Grabbing a marshmallow I put it on the stick and hold it above the flames as the heat warms me up.

"I think you should teach some of the female pups Skylar. They could use skill like that and you need to teach us that little morph thingy!" Hazel smiles.

A pain shoots my temple and I squeeze my eyes shut as I take a harsh breath in.

A face appears in my mind and it's very familiar.

You are a morphium...

My eyes shoot open and I hold my head for a moment before looking around at everyone who has a concerned look.

"You're starting to remember things aren't you...?" Denva frowns.

I nod and keep my mouth shut about what I just saw.

"You wanna tell us?" Hazel smiles.

"No. I-It was nothing really, just the memory of how I got here which all of you know as Denva found me." I stutter.

Please believe me.

They all relax and I blow out a long breath before laying back into George's chest.

Hearing a loud squeal we all look over to see a platinum blonde, skinny girl running over to us in 7 inch heels.

She throws herself onto George's lap and gives me a dirty look.

Moving next to Natasha I feel my heart squeeze.

"Who's that?..." I whisper.

"That's Penelope...George's ex girlfriend. Well to be honest with you they were never in a relationship, he just used her because he thought he'd never find you. He threw her weeks before you stumbled upon our lands. She just doesn't get the point that you're the Luna and he doesn't want her." Natasha explains.

Looking over I see George's hands on her waist whilst she kisses all over his face leaving hot pink marks everywhere.

A lump in my throat builds and I run from the camp fire into the woods.

They all call after me but I block them out until I smell the strong scent of Vanilla.

Looking around and doing a 360 degree spin I see nobody.

Hearing a crunch behind me, I spin fast and see the face from my memory.

"W-Who are you?" I stutter.

"You don't remember me? I surely believe you would.." He sneers.

"Well I'm sorry if I had my head smashed in and I lost my memory! I only remember your face because of my friends. They said something that triggers my memory of you!" I snap.

The mans eyes flash red and his fangs elongate.

He holds my face in his ice cold hands and I feel a pain shoot through my body.

"Vampire King..." I gasp.

"Hello again beautiful." He smiles tucking a loose piece of hair behind my ear.

Smiling I bite the inside of my lip.

"Actually..." He pauses and reaches up behind me and pulls my hair from the ponytail and I automatically shake my hair, "Much better."

He gives off a sneer like grin.

Much like a cat.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Checking up on my Queen." He says leaning his head in closer, he stares down at my neck.

Moving my hair over my mark I turn my head away.

"You shouldn't be here. I don't know you, I don't even know your name! Christ sakes! How do I know I'm not your next meal!" I laugh throwing my arms up in the air dramatically.

"My name is Nathaniel...and I would eat my Queen...not unless she begged for it." He purs the last of the sentence.

Shivering I notice I have no shoes on and the winds are changing.

"Nathaniel..." I mumble to myself as I play with the bottom of my shirt.

"Could I have this dance?" He asks.

Turning to look at him I see him bowing with his hand held out for me to take.

Slipping my hand into his, I feel a raindrop hit my cheek.

Hearing a lullaby play in my head I gasp and Nathaniel smiles at me before slowly begins to dance with me.

The rain begins to fall heavier and Nathaniel holds me tighter.

Closing my eyes, the image of a large dance hall with walls of mirrors enters my mind, Nathaniel is in an amazing suit and I'm in a red corset ball gown with my hair in an amazing up-do.

Nathaniel dips me and I let my arms flows back with my body.

As he lifts me up I open my eyes and he has a purple shine to his dark eyes.

"Skylar..leave that mutt, be in your true form with me. Be where you belong." He soothes me and I feel myself getting light headed.

"KITTEN!" George shouts.

I snap back into reality and push myself away from Nathaniel, "Please go! If he sees you he will hurt you!"

"Meet me here in two days time in the moonlight, there's something I need to show you.." He smiles.

"Okay! Okay, yes I promise now please go!"

I can hear George getting closer.

He gives me one last sneer then vanishes.

Blowing out a long breath I run my hands through my wet hair and turn back to the direction of the house.

As I begin to walk, George comes into my sight.

"Skylar she means nothing to me. An old fling, please believe me. I was trying to push her off me but she had her nails dug into my neck!" He exclaims.

I stop walks and lean up into my toes, checking his neck I see wounds that are starting to heal.

"She better run." I growl as I storm back to the house.