Chapter Sixty-Three

Waking up with the strongest urge to pee I climb out of bed and make my way into the bathroom.

Closing the door I flick on the lights and rub my eyes.

Blinking to clear my vision I gasp when I see Nathaniel stood infront of me.

He covers my mouth and shushes me.

"Nathaniel. Please. Just go home." I whisper-yell.

"Not until I have you back. Please Skylar I need you. I don't like walking those halls without you by my side. Your angelic laughter echoing the whole house. I love you." He begs.

"I chose George." I stand my ground.

"The way you kissed me, that was completely different to the way you kissed him. We have so much passion. You give me reason to continue existing. This is your last chance Skylar....come home.." His eyes fill with tears and I feel mine do the same.

"I will always have feelings for you.." I sigh.

"Bullshit!" He snaps, "People say that when they no longer care for another and I KNOW you still love me!"

I open my mouth to say something but end up closing in a few seconds later.

"See. I'm right." He snickers.

"Nathaniel. When I am at my full health, I will meet you at the lake. I'm unsure of how long it'll take but I'm almost healed. A few days.." I frown.

He steps closer to me and kisses my cheek, letting his lips linger.

He then vanishes out the window and I shut it.

Finally doing what I went into the bathroom to do, I wash my hands and turn off the light.

Walking back into our room and over to our bed I sit on the edge.

Do I still love Nathaniel?

Yes.

But I love George.

And I can't leave him, he took me in, gave me a home, a life, a child.....I owe him my life.

Waking George up by gently shaking his shoulder, he opens his eyes and grunts.

"What's wrong Skylar? Are you hurt?" He asks.

Shaking my head I smile.

"I love you.." I whisper.

"I love you too babygirl." He yawns, I lay down beside him and rest my head on his chest.

His arms securely wrap around me and I intertwine our legs.

I made the right choice.

Hearing George's soft snores fill the room I find myself exhausted but unable to sleep.

Grabbing the TV remote I turn it on and have the volume very low.

Watching re-runs of family guy I quietly chuckle to myself.

My eyes start to sting and feel heavy so I turn off the TV.

Pulling the blanket up under my chin I wrap my arms around George's torso and yawn.

My eyes finally drop closed and I fall into darkness.