Chapter Fifty-Seven

Curling up on the sofa watching The Little Mermaid with Emilio I let his tiny hands wrap around mine.

Hearing an alarm blare I run upstairs and lock Emilio in his cot in our bedroom.

Running outside in shift and dart in the woods.

I knew someone would get hurt.

Coming to the clearing I see George, Lloyd, Denva, Jack and Mark stood around something.

Shoving through I see my mothers wolf on the floor, a pool of blood surrounding her.

Shifting back i drop onto my knees and look up at Mark.

"Go to the pack doctor and get me alcohol, needles, thick thread, towels and staples NOW!" I order.

"Lloyd get me some clothes. Denva go home and look after my baby. George and Jack you guard us both." I growl.

Everyone shoots into action and I look down at my mum.

"I can't lose you again...I lost you once when I was a little girl and I will not lose you a second time to that son of a bitch!" I sob.

My mums wolf groans and I sniffle, placing my hand over the wound I apply pressure to stop the bleeding as much as possible until Mark returns.

George pads over to me his large black wolf towering over my small human body and my mums fragile wolf. 

Moments later Mark returns with Lloyd soon arriving after him.

Quickly dressing in baggy sweatpants and a hoodie I push up the sleeves and open the medical bag.

Quickly pouring the alcohol over my mums wound I slip the towel under her side and thread the needle with the thick thread before sterilising it with the alcohol.

"This is going to hurt a little Mum." I whisper. 

Her wolf groans and I neatly sew up her wound before putting 4 staples over the top. "Mark, Lloyd, Jack and George carry her to the pack doctors and stay by her side until I get there."

They all shift back and gently lift her up and walk swiftly to the pack doctor.

Pushing myself off of the floor I smell something scarily familiar, turning I see the wolf of my old Alpha and I feel my blood boil.

He stalks towards me a wolfy grin on his snout and I shift into my wolf.

He pauses for a moment then pounces to attack me, ducking I wait until hes above me before biting a chunk of his belly and ripping it out.

His wolf cries out and I stand above him, his blood dripping from my snout.

With pleading eyes he stares up at me and I let out a growl.

Biting down on his throat I put my paw on his face and rip his throat out.

That's what you get for trying to kill my mum....twice...

Motherfucker.

Leaving him there, bleeding to death I run back to the pack house and stay in my wolf form until I get into our bedroom. 

Denva looks up at me with horror on his face, I walk into the wardrobe and shift back, pulling on a plain black playsuit.

Splashing water on my face I throw my hair up into a messy bun and walk back into the bedroom.

Picking up Emilio I smile and Denva and motion for him to follow me.

When we arrive at the pack doctors hut I walk in to see my mother hooked up to many different machines but she stares up at me and smiles.

"You're so brave babydoll. Thank you for helping me." She whispers.

Kissing her forehead I stand beside her and look over at the doctor.

"Luna.....you saved her life, if you didn't get there when you did and gave her the most medical attention you could she wouldn't have made it." He praises.

I well up with tears and smile down at my mum.

"How long will it be until she's okay again?" I ask.

"About 5 months."