Chapter Sixteen

Sitting up in bed, I slip out of George's arms and check the time, 2:08am.

Walking downstairs and into the kitchen I pour myself a glass of water and look out of the kitchen window.

Freezing in place, I see a figure stood on the edge of the woods.

Placing the glass down on the counter, I walk out the back door.

The figure still standing there I walk out halfway and stand with my head held high.

The tall, black figure walks forwards into the moonlight and I feel my heart go into overdrive.

His eyebrows crease into a frown and he stares into my eyes, holding out his hand I slowly step forwards, slipping my hand into his.

"Who are you?" I whisper.

"I am the Vampire King, and I want you to be my Queen. I've been watching you for days now my love, I know you've received my little gift, I trust you are treating him well." He says, his voice a smooth a silk.

"The snake..." I gasp, feeling like my brain is going numb I close my eyes briefly and feel a cold breeze on my legs.

"You can't be here. This is pack grounds, I am their Luna and you will be killed on sight." I warn, putting on a stronger act.

He chuckles, which lowers into a growl, "Skylar my love...Wolves cannot kill Vampires."

"I'm a Wolf. Do you want me to prove you wrong?" I raise my eyebrow and step away from him, about to lower into defense mode.

"You. A Wolf. Don't be silly. You aren't a Wolf. You are a Morphium. You can change into whatever species your heart desires. You may think you are only 19 years old but really my love, you are almost as old as I am and I've been alive since the 1400's." 

My sight goes blurry, my mouth goes dry and my head feels like it's spinning.

"No...it's not true..." I slur.

"Yes Skylar it is..." He insists as he steps forwards and wraps his arms around me to keep me from falling on my butt.

He leans in so his lips brush against my earlobe as he whispers, "You are a Morphium but your true form...is Vampire." He whispers.

"SKYLAR!" George yells, I'm soon laid  gently onto the floor and the man disappears leaving a slight smell of Vanilla around me.

Letting the cool air, wash away my sweats I close my eyes and lay in the dirt.

"Sky.....baby....kitten? What are you doing?! You're ruining your nightdress by laying in the dirt at 2 am." George laughs.

Looking up at him with hazy eyes, concern washes over his face and he lifts me up into his arms.

"It's okay baby, let's get you into a cold bath and then you can go to bed." He panics.

Closing my eyes, I get flashes of the vampires face in my mind.

Something about the way he stared into my eyes as he spoke to me made me want to believe everything he had said.

But then again, he could be planning to attack the pack so I mustn't believe him.

I will read books in the morning, when I'm back to myself again...