Chapter Sixty-Six

Getting to the cliffs I change back into my human form and stand on the edge letting the cold air brush through my hair.

Sighing I look over at the foggy water.

Watching the waves rhythmically hit against the rocks I close my eyes.

My body begins to sway and I hear someone shout from behind me.

Freezing I look over my shoulder to see George.

He passes me his shirt and I pull it on before turning to face him.

"What are you doing here Skylar? Emilio is waiting for you to come home.." He frowns.

Looking back down to the water I frown.

"I....uh....I just.....I'm not sure what I'm doing here. Something in me snapped and told me to come here." I scratch my head.

"Come on, lets go home and get some sleep. Its been a long day." He smiles.

Nodding I walk to his side and we slowly stroll back to the house.

Seeing Emilio sitting on the front steps of the house with his chin in his hand I giggle.

He screams with excitement when he sees me and runs towards us.

"My baby!" I giggle running towards him slowly.

He jumps and I pick him up spinning him around, he hugs me tightly which make my belly fill with a tingly feeling.

"Have you had a good day?" I ask him.

He nods and begins to tell me a story in broken English.

I nod and agree with things he tells me as I walk inside the house.

Waving to my mum and mark who are curled up on the sofa I head up to Emilio's bedroom.

He wriggles out of my arms and I walk behind him as he grabs his dark blue pyjamas.

"Do you want mummy to help or do you wanna try?" I ask.

He gives me his pyjamas and grins.

Chuckling I help him out of his jeans and shirt.

Holding out his pyjama bottoms and he puts his feet in.

"I can do dis bit mumma!" He squeals.

He bends his knees and pulls up his bottoms then throws his arms up above his head.

Pulling the top over his head and slip his arms in.

I kiss his forehead and he runs into the bathroom.

He steps up onto his stool and waits for me.

Putting toothpaste on his toothbrush I then run it under water and hand the toothbrush to him.

He brushes his teeth then smiles.

He yawns and his eyes begin to get droopy so I lift him up and carry him back to his bed.

Holding onto him with one arm I pull back his blankets and lay him down.

He grabs his teddy and I tuck him in.

Plugging in his nightlight I stroke his hair before raising to my feet.

Closing his bedroom door quietly behind me I walk tiredly to our room.

Walking in I strip down and pull on some loose grey shorts along with a pink spaghetti strap top.

Throwing my hair up into a messy bun I climb into bed and fall asleep.