°2:Favour°

Kim Nari POV
It wasn't even time for me to wake up but here I was staring at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep because of all the noise that was coming from next door. The crying had been going on non-stop for the last 15 minutes, which of course I was not happy about because my strict 8 hours of sleep had been disturbed.

In the end I had enough. I kicked off the duvet from my body and swung my legs over my bed to stand up. After I had put on my fluffy white slippers, I stomped out of my apartment.

I didn't care about the fact that I was wearing my childish cow printed pyjamas. Nor did I care if I had crusts in my eyes or if my hair looked like a bird's nest.

I was too cranky to deal with my appearance. Quite frankly speaking, all I was thinking about was how I was going to kill my next door neighbour without creating headline news the next day.

A criminal record wouldn't look good on a lawyer's CV.

I knocked on the neighbour's door impatiently. When no one replied, I thumped the door with more power and frustration.

"OPEN THE DOO-"

I stopped mid-sentence when the door finally swung open. A young guy with obnoxiously bright orange hair and a troubled expression was awkwardly cradling a crying baby.

His brows furrowed in annoyance when he looked at me. But the look was soon wiped away, when his eyes lingered down. He let out a loud gasp.

Is he looking at my-

"Where do you think you are looking?"

I folded my arms to cover my chest. But his mouth was still open and his wide eyes were still looking at my chest.

My face heated up as I boiled with anger, feeling extremely uncomfortable with the looks he was giving me.

"You need to keep down the noi-"

"Can you breastfeed this baby?"

"I will report you and I don't care if-"

Wait, what? Did I just hear that correctly?

"You want me to what?!" I shouted, pointing a finger at him.

The sound of another door opening made him gasp. He grabbed my wrist and quickly pulled me into his apartment.

He caught me completely off-guard, causing me to stumble in, without giving me any time to even think. By the time I turned around, he had shut the door and was leaning against it.

"Why did you do that for?" I questioned, completely angered by the fact that this random guy had just locked me in his apartment. I genuinely feared for my safety, especially after the way he had looked at me earlier.

He pressed his index finger on his lips, indicating me to be quiet. So I did just that as I watched him attentively listen to what was going on outside. Once he was satisfied with the silence, he turned forward to face me.

I quickly scrunched my brows and put a scowl on my face because that was my only defence mechanism at this point. I grabbed the long umbrella that was in his hallway, this was to be my weapon if anything was to happen.

Even though he towered over me and was obviously stronger, he was holding a baby so I guess we were even - in terms of power.

"Care to explain?" I asked with my most stern voice.

I mentally applauded myself with how my voice didn't waver at all because inside I was shivering with fear.

"I couldn't stop the baby from crying," he said, "But don't worry, he is sleeping now so you don't need to feed him."

He flashed an innocent smile at me and walked past heading to his bedroom, leaving his front door clear. I quietly dropped the umbrella to the floor and tiptoed my way towards the exit.

"Hold on!," he whispered, loudly, " Don't leave yet."

My heart started to pound against my chest; I was sure even he could hear it.

That's it. You are going to die. Time to kiss your life and that job promotion goodbye, Kim Nari.

"I need to tell you something before you leave. Let me just put this baby on my bed first."

He disappeared into his bedroom with the baby, leaving me on my own. At that point I behaved like one of those stupid girls everyone shouts at in horror movies.

Instead of getting the heck out of that apartment like a normal person, I made my way to his living room and sat on the leather sofa.

Maybe it was due to all my anxiety that caused me not to think like the logical person I thought I was.

A few minutes later, he came to the room with a cup of coffee, which he handed to me. But of course I didn't drink it because who knew what sort of drug he might have put in it.

"You are the first person who has seen me with that baby and hopefully the last," he said, ruffling his bright orange hair as he plopped on the sofa opposite to me.

"I still don't understand," I said, putting the cup on the coffee table.

"I would prefer not to elaborate, but basically if anyone else sees me with that baby, I am screwed."

I shook my head with disapproval. I guessed it was just another case of an unwanted pregnancy for a rich son like him.

"This is why you wear protection."

His cheeks coloured when I said that. He cleared his throat and sat forward.

"The thing is. I don't even know if that child is mine or where it even came from."

"How can you not know where it came from? Where is the mother?"

I leaned forwards again, due to my curiosity.

He let out a groan as he dropped his head and massaged his temples.

"I have no idea. I am just as clueless as you," he said, still looking at the ground.

I stayed quiet and waited for him to continue.

"I woke up this morning with the child on my bed and I can't remember what happened last night."

I shook my head with pity after hearing his story. So now he was dealing with a runaway mother?

This is why I was never interested in dating. Too complicated for me.

I was tempted to pull out my pen and notepad to interrogate him - but I refrained.

"Well then I am very sorry about your terrible situation. I won't tell anyone so let me go back please."

I stood up to leave but was once again stopped.

"How can I trust you not to go off and gossip about this? I can't let you go so easily."

I scoffed and folded my arms across my chest as I sat back down.

As if I have anyone to gossip with.

"Actually. Since you are the only one who knows about this, can you help me out?"

"I don't know anything about parenting either."

It's not like I had any experience with children, plus I didn't exactly enjoy their company either.

"Surely you have some motherly instinct in you," he insisted.

I snorted at that.

What motherly instinct? Pfft.

"I refuse to help because how will it benefit me?"

He stayed silent to that, unable to respond. I stood up to leave for the third time. I sighed with relief when he didn't stop me as I sped to the front door.

"Hold on."

What is it this time!?

I ignored him and went to grab the handle but he swiftly blocked my path.

"Could you do me just one last favour?"