°15: Brat°

"Hold on!"

I quickly pressed the lift button and the doors reopened. The woman from the supermarket stepped inside, clutching a little boy's hand. I mentally cursed at the sight of her. If only I had recognised that voice sooner, I honestly wouldn't have opened the door for her.

How was I going to get away with it this time?

"Did you just arrive too?"

"Um, I just came out to throw the trash. I live here."

"Oh really? That explains why you are in your pyjamas. I was confused for a second," she let out a hearty laugh.

I looked down at my cow patterned sleepwear and forced out a laughter. I tried to think of a plan to get out of being forced to go to Jimin's house but there was no use. All I wanted to do was lie in my own bed and sleep. Was that too much to ask?

"Mummy, I need to pee!" the little boy shouted, stomping his feet.

"We are almost there! And if you keep stomping like that, you will end up doing your business here in the lift, mister!"

I let out a sigh as I leaned my back against the wall. Pretty much the whole entire way up, the boy kept complaining about how desperately he needed to use the toilet. It only made the ride more long and painful than it already was. As soon as we stepped out of the lift, I swiftly made my way to my door. I had my keys ready in one hand as I speed walked down the hallway.

"Aren't you going to come for dinner?"

Think fast.

"I have to clean my kitchen." The best kind of lie was the ones where you don't tell the complete truth. It was true that I needed to clean the kitchen. But I wasn't planning to do it then, I had booked the cleaning session for tomorrow.

"I know being a mother is very stressful. I think you will appreciate this dinner time to relax." And with that I was dragged away. She had completely misunderstood my message. I thought I made it pretty clear that I didn't want to have anything to do with the gathering. This was why I despised social interactions.

Straight after she knocked on the door, it flew open. It was as if Jimin had been waiting right behind the door for the moment she arrives. I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised after witnessing the way he acted in the supermarket.

"Welcome!" Jimin greeted us and his eyes widened when he saw me, "Nari?"

I rolled my eyes as a way of showing him that coming to this get-together was not my idea. His thought process was cut short by the brat, Seola's son.

"Where is the toilet!"

"I am so sorry," apologised Seola before Jimin led them to the bathroom.

I stepped inside and headed to the kitchen where Hoseok was cooking.

"I thought you weren't coming."

"I thought so too, five minutes ago," I let out a sigh and sank into the bar tool in front of the kitchen island.

A while later, we were all finally at the dining table and the dishes were laid out in the middle. The only good thing that came out of this whole thing was the food. Despite my dislike towards Jimin, I couldn't say that I felt the same towards his cooking skills.

"I don't like seafood!"

"You have no choice," she told her son. His arms were crossed in front of him and a look of distaste very evident on his face.

"I will not eat- "

"Do not argue with me, young man!" Seola raised her voice and an awkward silence fell in the room. Reluctantly the young boy picked up his spoon. I think the three of us were taken aback by how stern her voice was when she scolded her child. It was a huge contrast to her sweet, kind voice that I was first introduced to at the shop.

She quickly apologised for the awkwardness and conversations resumed. Thankfully no one spoke to me so I could eat as much as I wanted in peace. Occasionally Seola would shout at her son. He seemed like such a difficult child and those were the type I despised the most. I prayed I wouldn't see too much of him in the future. I had very little tolerance towards obnoxious people, no matter what their age.

"I will be starting a business of my own, opening yoga classes. Whilst in England I managed to get myself a license in yoga and I absolutely loved it!"

From the conversation, I learnt that me and Seola were two completely different people. If there was a spectrum of personalities, she would be in one end and I would be in the other. She was outgoing, kind and athletic. Everything that I was not. It wasn't like I wanted to be any of those things anyways because I was perfectly satisfied with myself. If who I am right now is making me successful in my career, then that was all that mattered.

For some reason, the conversation had suddenly taken a weird turn. I was not happy about that.

"So how long have you two been together?" She waggled her eyebrows at me and Hoseok. There was a short pause before we simultaneously replied.

"Two years."

"Four years," I said.

She looked at us, her brows drew close to each other as she inspected us with suspicious eyes. It was an expression I recognised. That was how I looked when I observed my opponents during a case in court rooms.

"Yeah four happy years together." Hoseok let out a nervous laugh, darting his eyes between me and Jimin. He probably hoped one of us would back him up.

"But you said two years," Seola insisted, bringing herself closer to the table.

"No I didn't. Did I Nari?"

"Nope. You said four," I said.

Jimin chuckled, clearly enjoying our misery. I kicked his leg under the table to shut him up and it worked.

"I'm thinking of teaching baby yoga classes. You and Jun should totally join once I get the business started!"

"I would rather not," I replied, very frankly.

"She would love to join! Make sure she is in your first class-"

That earned him another kick to the shins. Harder that time.

"Oh yes! It will be awesome."

I had to try hard not to roll my eyes at how excited she seemed. I really did hope that I wouldn't see too much of her in the future. Me attending baby yoga classes? That was never going to happen.

My dislike towards Jimin skyrocketed because of that stupid dinner. If I wasn't a successful lawyer, I wouldn't think twice about breaking a few laws to hurt him.

"It's Andy's bed time so we have to go now."

Thank God.

Jimin took her and her son home because he doesn't seem to get enough of her company. At first, he teased me for being too obvious about liking Hoseok. However, he had made it very clear that he was even more better than me at seeming lovesick. We were now even.

A/N: So what do y'all think about Kang Seola?