°3:Mutual°

"Would you like a bag?"

I nodded and took out the money from my pajama pocket. The cashier had a half-judging, half-confused expression as she put the hangover tablet, the baby bottle and powdered milk in a bag.

I told myself that this would be the last favour I would do for the guy. If I keep helping him out, he might take advantage of my rare kindness. He had begged me to do this after stressing the fact that he couldn't be seen out with the baby.

I gave a quick bow to the cashier as I took the blue bag from her hand and quickly turned around. During the process, I bumped into a lady wearing a long red coat. She scowled at me and I apologised before darting out of the convenience store, back to my apartment block.

I was only in the hallway to his apartment, yet I could still hear the baby's muffled crying from inside.I knocked and didn't have to wait long until the door opened wide.

"What took you so long?"

Before I could even step in, he pushed the baby towards me, giving me no choice but to hold it as the guy took the bag from my hand. I shuffled after him with the baby as he made his way to the kitchen. He scrambled through the bag and took out the hangover tablet.

"Yes! Finally!"

I shook my head at his desperation and continued to cradle the baby that had now calmed down. The guy gulped down his tablet and leaned back on the kitchen counter with his eyes shut.

"Are you going to stand there, or are you going to make the milk?" I asked, glaring at him.

He opened his eyes and scowled at me, as if my rudeness wasn't needed. It was needed because God knows how long this baby had been starving.

He took out the powdered milk and drummed the lid with one hand. He looked at me with a confused expression as he pouted.

"How do I use it?"

I sighed and shook my head at his question. I handed him the baby and took the container in my grasp. I narrowed my eyes as I turned the container around my hand, trying to find the instructions.

"I don't know how to use it either."

"Well this is going wonderful, isn't it?"

"It can't be that hard," I said, fully convinced.

Finally I opened the lid of the container and began the process.

I had to admit, this was harder than trying to interview a criminal. I asked the guy to put the baby down and boil the kettle, since he was simply standing there being useless.

"You put in too much!"

I abruptly stopped whilst on my way of adding another spoonful into the bottle. He entered the kitchen and stood besides me. He picked up the bottle and thoroughly inspected it. I scowled at his interruption and snatched it away from his hand.

"The packet said to add three scoops and that is exactly what I am doing right now."

"Oh...It looked like a lot," he said, sheepishly scratching the back of his head.

"Just go and get the boiled water," I waved him off.

Then we were faced with our next challenge, which was trying to pour in the water.

"Don't spill any hot- OWWW!"

I quickly pulled away my hand and wiped away the hot water, wincing in the process.

"Well you didn't have to hold the bottle," he said, "It's not like it was going to go anywhere.

I stood there blinking, shocked with how nonchalant he was being.

Is this guy seriously trying to defend himself instead of being apologetic?

If I wasn't in such a shock, I would've smacked him across the face. Had I known he would turn out to be such a dickhead, I wouldn't have helped.

He suddenly grabbed my wrist, causing me to flinch in fear. He took me to the sink and let the cold water soothe my burn. I stood there awkwardly and confused with his sudden act of kindness.

"You don't need to thank me, I know that I am such a gentleman."

I scoffed at him complimenting himself, my desire to thank him left my soul.

He went back to pouring the water in the bottle while I dried my hands. After he was satisfied, he screwed on the lid and was about to leave.

"You aren't done yet."

He stopped and turned to face me, confusion plastered across his face. I took the bottle with one hand and grabbed his hand with the other.

"What are you do-"

"You have to check if it is too hot by squeezing a little droplet on your hand."

I demonstrated on the back of his hand and looked up at him, waiting for his response.

"I think it's too hot, I don't know."

"Then you wait till it's at an okay temperature. Simple."

He let out a sigh and hauled himself up to sit on the kitchen counter. I simply leaned on it because I was too short and wouldn't be able to climb up without embarrassing myself.

"How did I get myself in this situation?"

"Do you know anyone who holds a grudge against you?"

"I am Park Jimin, son of one of the most powerful businessman in the country. I have people hating me from left and right," he let out a low chuckle.

Park Jimin? The name sounded familiar. A name I frequently heard in parties and many other boring social gatherings I was forced to attend by my parents.

"You're the son of the Kingdom Enterprise?"

He simply replied with a nod. I laughed at our coincidental meeting. Kingdom Enterprise was basically my father's nemesis. They both were the leading businesses of our country and therefore they were always competing against one another. Business things I didn't give a damn about.

My parents definitely wouldn't be happy seeing me chatting with their enemy's son.

"I never knew Kim Seung-Jae had a daughter," he said, after I told him who my father was. We continued talking about our parents, after finding out about our mutual relationship.

But suddenly the door unlocked, and I froze mid-sentence.

"Park Jimin!"

Jimin's face fell as he let out a gasp. I gave him a confused 'who is that?' look.

"That's my mum."