°23: Project Baby Daddy°

Narrator

Nari thanked the stranger for holding the door as she pushed the buggy into Hoseok's café. Her eyes darted around the place until she caught Jimin waving his arms at her. She made her way past a few tables and sat across him, with Hoseok besides her.

"Why have you called me over?" she asked, referring to the text she had received half an hour ago; much to her annoyance.

Nari looked at Hoseok to see if he knew anything but he simply shrugged.

"He refused to tell me anything until you came."

Jimin stood up straight and put his clasped hands on the table. He took in a deep breath. "Alright guys, the time has come."

Hoseok and Nari anxiously looked at each other and then back at Jimin, who had his lips pursed.

"Go on..." she said.

"I've been thinking, thinking a lot, about Jun and how he ended up with me-"

"Because you were being careless," Nari deadpanned.

"Gotta love that sarcasm of yours," he replied, rolling his eyes.

Nari slouched back on the chair and crossed her arms.

"Can you get back to what you were saying earlier?" asked Hoseok.

"So basically, for the past few days I've been trying to remember the night before Jun was in my house. But I just can't."

"Think about it a little more then. I mean it's hard to believe that you can't remember a single detail about that night. Randomly taking a baby home is a pretty significant detail that is hard to forget," said Nari.

"That is exactly what I have been telling myself!"

"This whole time we have been looking after a baby that might not even be yours," she said, shaking her head.

"Heck, his name probably isn't even Jun." Jimin looked at the baby peacefully sleeping inside his buggy. If he was to be honest with himself, thinking that Jun might not be his son made him a little disappointed.

"What if you stole him from someone else. What if his parents are still searching for him..." thought Hoseok.

Nari leaned forward and sighed as she massaged her temples to help collect her thoughts.

"I didn't question you before because I thought you knew who he was," she said, "If you do turn out to have kidnapped a baby, then that would make me a partner in crime."

"I don't want to be a criminal."

"Neither do I, especially because I'm a lawyer. How ironic would that be."

"Let's not think so negatively and instead, decide what we are going to do next." Hoseok clapped his hands together which caused Jun to stir from the loud noise.

He whispered an apology when Nari frowned at him. She gently pushed the buggy forwards and backwards to calm him down, which managed to instantly work.

"What we will do now is get your DNA tested. Let's confirm if he is actually your baby or not," she said.

The two guys silently nodded in agreement.

"How long does that usually take?"

Hoseok got his phone out and quickly researched. He raised a brow before showing the screen to Jimin.

"Two weeks? That's too long!"

"If Jun does turn out to be your son, how would you feel about that?" she asked him.

Jimin looked down and fiddled with his fingers. He was equally as unsure about that question. There was no denying that he was developing a soft spot for the little baby. But raising Jun was a very tough job, even though he had a helping hand from Nari and Hoseok. Jimin was torn between a newly-found admiration for him and the reality of being a single parent.

"I guess I would continue to raise him..."

"Even if I stopped helping out?"

"I guess so."

Her brows raised at his unexpected response. She knew about his infamous playboy personality that was always gossiped about in her family. However, despite that one time he decided to go clubbing without telling her, she couldn't deny that he had been different from how her family portrayed him to be like.

For the past few weeks, she had witnessed Jimin being a good carer towards Jun. Well, it wasn't like she knew anything about parenting but by the looks of it, he was doing a pretty good job. If he really was the so-called arrogant jerk her family said he was, wouldn't he have simply abandoned Jun the minute he saw him?

Nari disliked when people were so judgemental towards her but in fact, that was exactly how she had been acting towards Jimin. She was always rude to him, her actions solely based on what other people had said about him. However, he had hardly ever treated her badly. She felt comfortable enough to admit to herself that he was a nice guy. Obviously, she would never say any of that to him. It wasn't a nice feeling to feel so guilty.

"We should call this; Project Baby Daddy," said Hoseok, wiggling his eyebrows.

Jimin gasped. "Hyung I swear, you're a genius!"

They cheered and high-fived, earning confused looks from a few teenage girls on a table close by.

Nari chuckled. "You guys are so childish."

"I'm sorry, Ice Queen."

"You can finish your shift and take Jun home," said Hoseok, "me and Nari have a date now."

"Oh yeah. I forgot you two are a couple."

"Don't be jealous," he winked, earning a slap on the arm from Nari.

"Don't you worry my friend. I can never be jealous. Nari isn't my type," Jimin laughed.

At that time, he strongly believed in those words he spoke. However, he failed to understand that his life was full of events that he would've otherwise thought to be impossible. Too bad for him, he would only realise that after the impossible happens. If only he knew that at some point, he would be begging himself to believe in those words again...

A/N: Do any of you guys have Instagram? I'd love to be able to interact with y'all more because of all the awesome support I'm receiving. Tell me your username and I will follow. Let's all be friends yoo!! My insta is watashiwa_esh
- Panda

Edit: my ig has changed to eshthepanda hmu on twitter too at taeyangtears :)