~33: Christmas Special~

Narrator

"I'm so sorry. Please forgive me!"

Nari giggled, shaking her head at her friend's antics. She was sure Heejung was pouting on the other side.

"You need to chill out, it really is not that big of a deal."

"What do you mean?! It's our tradition," exclaimed Heejung.

"Your work is more important," Nari reminded her.

Nari was a little gutted that they couldn't hang out together, especially since it was Christmas. It was a holiday they always managed to be together in. However, in this occasion, Heejung had to travel out of Seoul for a court case.

"I hope you wear your Santa hat in the court room," joked Nari.

Heejung cackled, making Nari extend her arm to distant herself from her phone.

"You must be crazy," she replied.

Their conversation continued for another hour which felt only like few seconds to them both. Nari let out a sigh as she rolled onto her back on the bed. She stared at the ceiling, wondering what to do with herself for the rest of the day.

I really should take up a new hobby.

Her eyelids felt heavy and she let out a yawn.

"Sleeping sounds like a nice hobby to me."

However, the sound of the doorbell ringing made her groan as she slid down her bed. As she took heavy steps towards the door, Nari wondered if it was her neighbour which she never stopped thinking about.

I think about Jun, not him!

"Merry Christmas!"

"Why don't you say it louder? I don't think people in Busan heard you."

Jimin's smile widened and his eyes disappeared into half-moon shapes. Nari quickly looked away from him and smiled at Jun instead, to calm her rising body temperature.

"Are you doing anything today?"

Nari shook her head, still not looking up at him.

"Perfect, you can join us!" exclaimed Jimin, not even trying to hide his excitement.

Nari mumbled a few words, trying to act indifferent as she followed him to his apartment. As instructed, she waited in the kitchen as Jimin disappeared to put the baby to sleep.

The kitchen island was busy with different ingredients and baking tools. Knowing how limited her baking skills are, she felt a sense of foreboding. A few minutes later, Jimin entered the kitchen with two aprons with cartoon elves printed on them and a stupid grin on his face.

"Did you plan this or something?" Nari rolled her eyes but still took one from him to put on.

"As a matter of fact, I did."

"You never fail to amuse me, Park Jimin."

"Same goes to you," he replied, standing behind her to tie her apron.

When they were done putting on their aprons and washing their hands, they began measuring the ingredients.

"What are we even making?"

Jimin grinned at her, "Christmas cookies."

"Where is the recipe?" she asked, looking around.

"Here," he said, pointing to his mind causing her to shake her head.

So far, Nari had been doing nothing but watch him measure the butter and sugar. She was beginning to feel as useless as a teapot made of chocolate.