°36: Fool°

Jimin gulped down another hangover pill with cold water. He had been vomiting all morning, to the point where he was certain there was nothing left in his stomach to bring out. He hadn't drank to this extent since the night before he drunkenly brought Jun.

Jun...

The thought of the small child made him want to cry but he didn't have the energy to do so; instead he let out a heavy sigh. This time, he remembered everything that happened with Nari, a bit too much even. Unlike before, he wished to forget the events of last night. Unfortunately for him, he remembered every single detail. From speaking his mind about Nari and even trying to invite her to his bed.

"No. No. No! Why did I say that?"

He paced back and forth in his bedroom, stopping in front of the wardrobe mirror. He turned to look at himself.

"Why would you say something like that? You are one stupid guy, Park Jimin. You hear me?" 

His finger met with the coldness of the mirror as he pointed at his reflection. He let out a sigh, tangling his fingers in his hair and ruffling it with frustration.

What if I just made it up?

He stopped stomping his feet when that thought crossed his mind. His shoulders loosened at that possibility which made him feel more comfortable. It could have simply just been a dream that seemed very real, especially since he had dreams like that in the past. The only way for him to know for sure was by asking her. But the thought of confronting her about it didn't sound like something he wanted to do straight away. So he stuck with the second best idea. Ignoring her.

He shuffled around his house for the whole day. He cooked, cleaned, ironed his clothes; anything to distract his mind away from Nari. But it was clear to him that ignoring her wasn't an easy task. Almost everything reminded him of her. When he saw his glasses on his bedside table, he remembered that Nari too wore glasses. Then that would trigger him to cringe and stomp around after remembering how he behaved last night.

The following night he rolled around on his bed, unable to sleep. He squeezed his eyes shut and tried to steady his breathing. He tried to follow whatever method he knew to make him sleep. He counted back from hundred, sang himself a lullaby, read the only novel he had in his room. None of them worked.

God. I know we haven't talked in a while. And I'm sorry that every time we talk, I'm always asking you for a favour. I swear I always think about you though.

"Please God, just let me sleep," he whispered in the darkness, his hands clasped together.

Jimin couldn't take it any longer. He couldn't just ignore her forever. At some point they were going to have to talk. After coming home from work, Nari had knocked on his door to see how he was doing but he refused to answer. She tried calling him but once again, he refused to respond. He didn't know what to say to her.

That night, after failing to make his mind shut up and sleep, he decided to follow his next plan. He was going to confront her no matter what and nothing was going to stop him. No matter how embarrassing or shameful he was going to feel, he was going to still talk to her. After planning exactly what he was going to say, he fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning, he woke up earlier than usual. In all honesty, Jimin felt extremely nervous. It was similar to the anxiety he felt before doing his college entrance exam. He spent longer than usual in front of his wardrobe, scanning his large collection of clothes.

He would grab out random pieces of clothing and then chuck them behind him when he wasn't satisfied. After managing to pick himself an outfit, he turned around, almost tripping and collapsing on the mountain of clothes he had created.