°9: Cafe°

I mentally cheered as Jun closed his eyelids and fell into a deep slumber. I gently and extremely slowly laid him on my bed, putting his blue blanket over his small body. I tugged my hair that he was tightly gripping onto and proceeded to tiptoe out of my room.

It had only been just over an hour and already I was regretting looking after the baby.I couldn't understand how Jimin managed to handle him for a week when I couldn't even look after him for a day.

At first, the routine he gave me was simple. All I had to do was feed him, change his nappies and put him to sleep. However I was not prepared for how long those individual tasks would take.The worst one was trying to get him to sleep because he would cry non-stop and I didn't know how to stop him.

I sighed examining my living room that looked like an aftermath of a tornado. The overpowering smell of baby formula and used diapers almost made me feel dizzy.

I really wanted to lie down and sleep but I couldn't stand to ignore the mess, therefore I decided to start cleaning.

I was usually a very careful person. Clumsy, was a word used very rarely to describe me. But clearly, that day I was not myself.

When I took a blind step forwards, my foot landed on a squeaky duck. The loud ear piercing sound the toy made was enough for Jun to go for another round of crying.

For the love of God-

I covered my face with my hands and muffled my frustrated scream. The last thirty minutes of hard work and perseverance it took to put him to sleep was wasted in a matter of a few seconds.

I had my eyes shut and was massaging my temple to think of a new plan. And that was when I finally realised what this baby needed.

Jun needed fresh air. After all, he hadn't even been outside ever since Jimin had him. I ran into my bedroom to get changed, whilst simultaneously trying to hush the baby.

However, getting changed wasn't a simple task for me due to my lack of casual clothes. Majority of the time, I was either at work or doing work related things. Therefore, my closet mostly consisted of suits, white shirts and pencil skirts.

After a good raid through my closet, I finally found an old hoodie with my university's logo on it and a pair of sweatpants. I put my hair in a low bun, which was the only hairstyle you would ever see me in.

I picked up Jun, still bawling his eyes out and laid him down on the new buggy that Jimin had brought yesterday. By the looks of it, the buggy seemed like it was worth quite a lot.

I didn't understand why he needed to buy such an expensive one. Even though he is rich, he should be more careful with managing money like me.

I'm a real life example of how it is possible to be rich and be stingy with money. This is real life, not those unrealistic stupid K-dramas.

Miraculously, that was when I made a huge discovery. Every time I pushed the buggy, Jun would stay quiet. But the second I left it alone, he would start crying again. I was right, the baby needed to go outside.

And that was exactly what we done. We left the apartment block in a rather rushed manner because I didn't want to get caught by any of my neighbours.

Once we were out of the estate, I let out a loud sigh of relief and put down my hoodie that I had used to hide myself.

As we were walking through the main street, I began slowing down. I realised that I didn't know where I was going. I was too busy trying to get ourselves out of my house that I hadn't actually planned what we were going to do next.