°37: Robots°

Narrator
The classical melodies of the live band, as well as the chattering and laughter of the guests, filled the large mansion. The place was absolutely breathtaking. The ceilings were high and a few identical chandeliers hung from it, dripping with massive diamonds and crystals.

Women graciously sauntered around in their elegant gowns whilst the men wore their expensive suits. Nari ended up coming in something her mum kept on insisting were work clothes, despite trying to convince her she never wore them to the office. The outfit she chose were a little less formal than her usual attire therefore in her mind, those were indeed her party wear.

She wore a baby pink pencil skirt with matching cropped blazer and a cream turtleneck underneath. She even put on heels just for the occasion, it was something rare for her to wear and it annoyed her that her mum failed to acknowledge that. Although her clothes weren't as extravagant as the other beautiful girls in the room, she was confident in thinking that she was the most comfortable. This was after seeing others shift uncomfortably in their dresses and waddle around in their ridiculously high heels; it surprised her that none of them had slipped against the marble flooring.

Nari let out a sigh. It was just another boring party she was forced to attend by her family. She had very little interest in these gatherings since all she ever did was stand in the corner avoiding people. Inevitably, some would still approach her and have a full blown conversation, not being able to recognise her reluctance to respond. Every conversation was either about gossip or business, neither interested her one bit. She managed to escape the crowd and stand in front of the food table to fill her empty stomach.

Midway through eating, her phone chimed indicating that she had received a message. She placed her glass of wine on the table to read it. It was from Jimin who wanted to talk to her outside. She looked up, letting her eyes wonder around the large room until she spotted him. He was standing beside his older sister, clearly not engaging in the conversation she was having with two businessmen.

When he saw Nari looking, he pointed at the door and she replied with a nod. They both left the party, Jimin walking a few steps behind her to avoid any suspicious eyes. It had been almost a month since they had gotten together and the whole time they had been keeping it a secret.

Neither of them were prepared for the complication that would come with telling their families about their relationship. This lead to them staying separate throughout the party and it especially wasn't convenient that both their families had been invited there. They meandered through the many hallways of the mansion, also a popular museum in the area which had been closed for the party.

They stepped out into the empty courtyard where there was a water fountain centered in the middle of the flower garden. Jimin approached her, hands in his trouser's pocket and lightly nudged her shoulder with his own. She turned around to meet his grinning face.

"You look nice," he complimented her.

That was his best attempt to act cool because in reality, he knew she was more than just 'nice' in fact there were no words to describe the pureness she had radiated in that room amongst all those elegant people. It was hard for him to ignore and stay seperate from her during the party. Knowing her personality it was best to keep his words simple.

Nari wasn't into romantic monologues and poetic descriptions, neither was he. They both understood that there was something about actions that was more powerful than any word in the world's many different languages.

"You polished rather impressively if I do say so myself." Nari looked at him up and down. "And you actually did your hair for once."

His bangs were lifted from his forehead and neatly tousled back. His suit blacker than the night sky gave him a bigger aura and a sense of elegance she wasn't used to seeing.