°35: Tantrums°

Nari

"Nari!" I could hear him shouting and thumping my door. I frowned at him after opening it to show my annoyance. He replied with a small smile, scratching the back of his head. He was holding a black plastic carrier bag and a blue blanket draped over his shoulder.

"Can you be my drinking buddy?" he asked, raising the bag which I assumed contained alcohol.

Two days had passed since Jun moved to the orphanage. To be honest, his lack of presence was extremely obvious especially due to the little noise coming from Jimin's apartment. Every time I saw him, he seemed so lifeless and out of himself. He hadn't been handling the aftermath of Jun's departure well.

I stepped to the side and gestured him to come inside. I led him to the lounge and we both sat on the sofa. As he placed the cans of beer on the coffee table, I eyed the blanket which he had placed besides me. I was pretty sure it belonged to Jun.

We both opened our beers and clinked the cans together before taking a long drink. Silently we drank, each lost in our own thoughts. However, as the empty cans of beer increased on Jimin's side, he slowly began to talk more. I wasn't exactly listening to his slurs as I continued to nod and drink.

The sound of the doorbell ringing caused him to pause.

"That must be the chicken delivery, I forgot to tell you." He fumbled in his pocket and took out cash, which he put in my hand.

"Hello, good evening, Miss. Here is your order!" the delivery guy in a bright orange sweatshirt greeted me enthusiastically. I gave him the money and took the plastic bag, taking a quick peak inside.

"Uhh, excuse me." The man quickly paused and turned around to look back. "You forgot your CD."

I took it out of the bag and waved it at him. He quickly jogged back to my door with a wide smile on his face.

"It's a free gift that came with your order. It's my very own mixtape called AGUSTD which is also my rap name and it has a collection of different sounds and beats. I want to tackle and raise awareness of many different issues that exist in our society. I often explore philosophical questions such as; what is the meaning of life?"

"That's great, urm, thank- "

"Don't you ever think about that? Why do we all work so hard to live when we will die in the end? I am a rising rapper in the underground scene known for my relatable lyrics and- "

"Yes!" I put my hand up to stop him with his speech. "Indeed, I will have a think about that question whilst listening to your mixtape."

I tried to close my door but he continued his talking so I kept thanking and bowing to shoo him away.

"Please support me a lot and enjoy your chicken!"

I let out a large breath when I finally closed the door. I chucked the CD on my sofa and took out the box of fried chicken, which I was more interested in. Jimin curiously picked up the CD and read the list of songs on the back cover.

"Can you play this?" he asked when I was about to begin eating.

"I'm not interested, let's just eat."

"Please, Nari! Don't be like this," he whined, stomping his feet like a child. It was as if he needed to play the role of an infant to fill the gap Jun had left us with.

I tried to ignore him but he kept insisting. It got to the point where he was shaking my arm. I stood up and with heavy footsteps, I went to get my laptop to insert the CD in.

I gave him the laptop and he sat beside it, caressing the blue blanket. I was sure he was even talking to it as if he was conversing with Jun. The room filled with the strong beat of the music, which Jimin was trying to bop his head to. In reality, he just looked like a pigeon and wasn't even in time with the beat.