°25: Labyrinth°

I repetitively tapped the pen I was holding on the coffee table as I bit my lower lip. I put the pen down and leaned my head back to rest on the seat of my sofa, staring at the ceiling. A loud sigh escaped my lips.

"Seriously, Nari. What on earth is wrong with you?" questioned Heejung, as she continued to stuff her face with popcorn.

"Nothing," I lied, followed by another sigh.

That caused her to roll her eyes. There was no point in me lying to her when she could smell a lie from a mile away. She put down the bowl on the table, causing a few popcorn to fly out and drop to the floor. Normally, I would have scolded her for making a mess but I was way to occupied with my thoughts to do so.

"Nari, look at me."

I replied with an almost inaudible mumble. She proceeded to sit beside me on the rug. I continued to look at the ceiling, blinking every time the light hit my eyes. When she realised I wasn't going to listen to her, she mustered all her strength to slap my thigh.

"Ouch! What is your problem?" I shouted at her. She crossed her arms across a chest and arched a brow.

"More like, what the hell is YOUR problem?" She poked her index finger at my forehead. Causing my head to jerk back a little.

"I told you it's nothing," I mumbled, rubbing my thigh.

"When you sigh every three seconds, anyone can tell that you are not okay. And you are obviously not doing your work, judging by how that page has been blank for the past fifteen minutes."

Despite knowing fully well that I hadn't written anything, I was still taken aback by the emptiness on the paper.

"Fine then," I said. Nari switched off the TV and placed the bowl of popcorn on her lap as she waited for me to continue.

"What's been troubling you, my dear friend?"

"I feel very confused, about my relationship with Hoseok. It's really hard to explain. I really do like him; I think he is a great guy but I just...I don't know." Once again, I sighed.

"You don't feel that you like him more than a friend?"

I stared up at the ceiling to think about it. "I...I just really don't know," I shook my head.

"It's alright to feel confused, especially since this is your first relationship. Love is really complicated and weird."

"It makes no logical sense to me that I can have a crush on someone for so long but the moment I'm with them, I start doubting if I have made the right decision."

"Just because you have a crush on someone, it doesn't necessarily mean you want to date them."

"But isn't that the whole point of having a crush?" I wondered, "I fail to see the logic in that."

"Not everything in this world is about logic," she explained. "You think too much with your head, Nari. You love with your heart, not your head. It's not a school exam."

"Thinking with your heart is way too risky for me," I said, shaking my head.

Heejung let out a chuckle. "But, don't you think that some things in life is worth taking the risk for?"

"Whatever. This is too frustrating," I moaned, dropping my head on the coffee table.

Heejung patted and rubbed my back as she spoke, "Don't worry too much about it. Maybe you just need a little more time to regain those same feelings for him. But if you never do, there is nothing wrong with that."