1

Ariel's POV

"What do you mean the children have to go now?" I ask angrily.

"Don't shoot the messenger." My older brother growls. "Dad said to pack and be ready for tomorrow."

"I don't want to go to some boring alpha meeting!" I snap.

"Well you're coming with us anyway. You can keep mom company, you know she doesn't like these things either." Aubrey states.

I growl at him and he rolls his eyes.

"Now go pack, Ariel." Aubrey smirks, teasing me by mispronouncing my name.

"ARE-iel! Not the little mermaid, you fucker. Besides, you're the one with the girls name." I snap, turning and walking into my room.

I can't believe I have to go to that stupid meeting! I don't care bout the damn Canadian and US wolves joining together for a few days for... For shit meetings!

Ugh. Where's mom in all this? She hates the meetings too! She said the first time she went she fainted. Ah mom, you just have to love her. Dad says she's still as childish as when he first met her.

I grab my suitcase and angrily start filling it with clothes. Stupid alphas and their meetings and crap. Ugh...

I finish up with the clothes portion of it and then head downstairs for lunch. Dad and mom are making it, and I watch as dad comes up behind mom and wraps his arms around her waist.

"Angel, you're doing it wrong." He chuckles, taking the knife from her. "You never were good in the kitchen." He comments.

"Oh shush Darren." She snorts.

I want a relationship like mom and dads... Just not yet.

"What's for lunch?" I interrupt as Aubrey walks in.

"Cake!" Moms eyes sparkle.

"That's for dessert. Tonight. After dinner." Dad says slowly.

Mom pouts and gives him the puppy dog eyes. I myself got the wonderful pouty face.

"Fine. But after lunch." Dad sighs.

Dad hands us plates with sandwiches and we take them to the table to eat.

"So," I start after everyone's sat down. "Why do we have to go to your stupid meeting?"

"I asked the same question!" Mom exclaims.

"It's a knew rule. We voted on it last time. All the children over 10 have to come." Dad replies.

Mom makes a face as do I. It's safe to say I got moms playfulness, sadly I have dads temper. Whereas Aubrey is so sweet like mom. He's such a cute big brother sometimes, it makes me laugh.

I eat my sandwich, Aubrey looks thoughtful.

"It's a way for us to find our mates, isn't it?" Aubrey says. Damn. Wish I had his brains sometimes...

"Of course it is." Mom mutters.

"Oh I'm not going." I say, my mouth full.

"Oh come on Ariel, finding your mate is great! Well... That is when you're not scared of them." Mom makes a face.

"I don't want a mate yet!" I reply.

"I don't think you'll get one." Aubrey chimes in.

I glare at him. "Shut up."

"Well, it's not guaranteed you'll find him." Dad replies. "So, you're going."

I growl frustratedly.

"I'd love to find her." Aubrey says.

"You'll need her since you're taking over soon." Dad nods slowly.

"If I hear you don't treat her right, you're gonna be in trouble sir." Mom gives Aubrey a look. She has this really scary mom look... Well, she's just very expressive. Aubrey nods slowly, finishing his sandwich.

"Now cake!" Mom smiles, going into the kitchen. I notice her sandwich which only had maybe two bites out of it and laugh.

Dad doesn't seem very happy but he lets it slide. Mom never ate the much anyways, and with cake in her mind, well... I smile a little as she brings in a chocolate cake and cuts it up.

She gives everyone a very generous amount before giving herself some.

"Mum, what was dad like when he met you?" I ask curiously.

"He punched a wall." Mom replies, taking a huge bite of cake.

"What?" Aubrey exclaims.

"He was all 'why are you crying' and 'stop crying' and he punched a wall cause he was mad. Doesn't that sound like something Ariel would do?" Mom adds the last bit in with a playful tone.

"That's not quite how it happened..." Dad says slowly and mom just snorts.

"However when you meet you mate, I'm sure he won't yell at you like Darren did to me." Mom says as she continues to eat her cake.

"If he does, just call me." Aubrey adds.

I roll my eyes. Dumb overprotective brother mode sometimes. I don't want a mate, not yet at least. I wanna live a little first.

I finish my cake and put my dishes in the sink, leaving them at the table. I walk into my room and finish packing what I can.

I put my earbuds in and blast music, heading outside for a run. Ignoring my personal guard, dad assigned him to me. I hate it. Sometimes I'd try to make it really hard for him to follow me.

I run to take my mind off the fact I could be finding my mate... tomorrow. But I doubt I will. I mean, just because I'm an alphas daughter doesn't mean I'll have an alpha mate. My mate could be human for all I know. Well... Generally that doesn't happen, but it could!

If I find my mate he's gonna lock me up and I won't be able to see the world. Darcy told me that once, that although it can be amazing, you miss out on exploration. At least, you do for about the first few years. My last teenage years should be spent doing stupid things and getting in shit.

That sounds pretty perfect to me...

Everything passes in a blur that night and the ride there.

I look at mom who's stepping out of the car with a look of disgust. Then her eyes find something and she's smiling with her childlike happiness at dad.

"Can we go swimming later?" She asks excitedly.

I follow where she was looking and smile a little seeing some people in swimsuits. Mom never swam without dad there, even though she could swim perfectly fine on her own.

"Of course Blaire." Dad chuckles. "First let's get all our stuff up to our rooms."

I grab my suitcase and wait for them before walking into the giant hotel. I follow them to our rooms, mom and dads room is way bigger than ours. At least I don't have to share a room with Aubrey.

Since there is no meeting today, I'm going to explore. And swim. And keep away from Aubrey so he doesn't go all 'I'm your brother I have to protect you' mode.

I put my swimsuit on, overtop of it tying up a dark blue sarong, making it like a dress. I slide my flip flops on and walk out happily.

My happy mood fades as I realize, being here, I'll probably have to socialize with a lot of other girls... Shit.