17

I am so sorry.

I know it's been forever. But I just didn't know what to write! But I finally got it and I'm happy to say I have a 2000 word chapter for you guys.  I hope to get back to my normal updating schedule! xoxo

-

Ariel's POV

Raphie doesn't come home. Justin and Parker stay over instead. They keep reassuring me he'll be back soon. I can't link him either, he's blocked out everyone. But I can feel his emotions of course and he's just so angry, frustrated, upset.

We end up watching a scary movie at the appropriate time of midnight. Justin is holds Parker who's shaking in fear. I thought he didn't get scared. As for me, I try really hard to relax. It's just a movie. But there's no one here to hold me.

"Will a joke make you feel better?" Justin whispers to Parker. Parker nods and I quickly grab my water, scared of reaching out because like, what if something grabs me? "When we get home, let's play house. You can be the door and I'll slam you."

I choke on my water, spitting some of it out. Parker bursts into laughter though I'm not sure if it's about the joke, or about me.

And then it happened.

A scary scene comes on while our door eerily opens. I'm not sure who screamed louder, Parker or me. My water spills everywhere and my glass drops, thankfully not breaking. Parker cowers into Justin who honestly looks terrified too.

Raphie flicks the light on, giving us all looks. He shuts the TV off and tells Parker and Justin they can go now. It's kinda funny watching them leave since they're both pretty scared and it's only like, past midnight now.

He doesn't say anything to me. He just picks up the glass and starts to walk out.

"Wait... Wait!" Am I really brave enough to confront him? I don't know if I can do this. He turns and looks at me, his face void of emotion, like usual. Suddenly I don't know what to say, I look away from him and a weak voice escapes my lips. "I'm sorry."

I just want to hug him. To have his scent calm me again. To relax and feel safe in his arms.

"I'm sorry too Ariel." He sighs. I look over at him for a moment before running over and throwing my arms around him. He picks my legs up and wraps them around his waist, holding me up.

"It was very nice of you to put so much effort in this morning. It tasted great." I say, my voice coming out kinda funny, like I was going to cry.

"You're welcome Ariel." He says softly, he carries me upstairs and to our room. He sits on the bed and I stay on his lap. "I'm sorry for what I did yesterday, I know it wasn't right. I will wait until you're ready."

"Thank you." I whisper, resting my forehead against his. This is... Really nice. This is when I think the Moon Goddess made the right choice. When I don't want to scold her but praise her. Praise her powers, the mate bond, what she did for the wolves.

"Let's get you to bed." Raphie says softly as I move my head to his shoulder. I'm set in bed gently and he ends up pulling my clothes off. I don't mind now. It's like the other times when I was cold and I simply couldn't. That's when I don't mind, when I don't feel shy. Because there's nothing... Nothing there to be shy about. Just a guy being nice to his mate.

He pulls one of his shirts over my head and I smile at him as I wiggle it the rest of the way on. He tucks me in and I listen to him as he changes. I hope I never have to leave him and he never leaves me.

When he slips in bed beside me, I curl into him, breathing in his scent which puts me right to sleep.

***