19

{cover in media by AddieHigenell }

I was at 1500 words and I was like "NO LEELA. YOUR READERS DESERVE SO MUCH MORE BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS UPDATE" So I have written 2000 words for you. I'm pretty busy now, with school and my personal struggles- not to mention I start a part time job in a few days. Christmas break is coming though so I hope to update lots then or like something!

Thank you so much for your support! xoxo

-

Ariel's POV

Raphie is gone the next morning when I wake up and for some reason I feel the need to be with him. After dinner and everything I just... I still want to have him close.

I link him. 'Raphie?'

'I can't right now Ariel. Something happened with our rival pack. But your mom called, she's coming for a visit with your brother since he and I are going to sign a treaty.' Raphael is quick and short and straight to the point.

'I want to see you.' I say, almost a whisper through the link.

'Come to my office at the pack house.' He says in a final tone.

I smile and get ready quickly. Parker is downstairs, sitting on his own.

"Parker? Where's Justin?"

"Guarding Brianne." He mumbles.

I smile softly. "Well, I'm going to see Raphie. Why don't you go find Justin?"

"Really?" Parker smiles and I nod in reply. He scrambles off the couch and links his arm through mine. "To Raphie then, my lady."

"Why thank you, my kind gentleman." I giggle.

We walk to Raphie's office and when I get there, Parker leaves to find Justin. I think he's just a little jealous of Brianne, I mean, she's stealing Justin away from him in a sense.

I walk into Raphie's office to see him at his desk. He looks... bad. Very stressed.

I walk over. "What happened...?"

"They came onto our territory." He says quietly, and suddenly he reaches his arms out. He's never really instigated the hug... I move to hug him back when I'm pulled into his lap and smushed against him.

"Raphie?"

"They threatened you, princess. That's the first time they've ever directly threatened you. Using your name a-and they threatened you." He whispers, holding me tightly.

"Oh... oh Raphie it's okay. I'm here. You know I won't let anyone come near me."

"I can't lose you Ariel. You're... you're..."

"Shh," I put a finger to his lips. "I know... You're that person for me too."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I let Raphael hold me for a little while. He rubs my back and gives my head random kisses. I like this because for once, he needs me. It doesn't feel like I'm the one relying on him, he needs me. It makes my stomach erupt with butterflies.

After a while, Raphie decides to have an 'us' day... I'm not exactly sure how that's supposed to go. But I don't want him to keep stressing over work, so I rather the 'us' day. As he calls it anyway.

"What are we going to do?" I ask as we walk out of the building together.

"I was thinking we could start getting a pack event set up... for your introduction. You've been living here for months now, and you haven't met the pack. They are more curious about you then you could imagine."