26

ITS SHORT KAY IM SORRY I WANTED IT TO BE LONGER. Some chapters just are shorter. I'm sorry.

I've been so busyyyy I wanna write more but ugh.

I hope yous enjoy anyway.

-

Raphael's POV

I look up at my captors. They always cover from their nose down, and I can hardly catch their scent from how damaged my senses are as of now. They're walking away now, finished with their torture.

The only reason they torture me is to push Ariel to come faster. But so far, Ariel hasn't come. And I'm not sure if it scares them or me more.

Panic seeps through my body, and it pains me more to think that maybe Ariel isn't coming. It's been... I can't even tell how long here. All they do is try new methods of torture which I know are hurting Ariel more and I cry for her.

I've cried more in my torture more than I've ever cried in my entire life. And it's not because of the pain they inflict, but because I know it's hurting Ariel. My perfect, beautiful Ariel feels all the pain. Yet I can never link her to sooth her, or tell her I love her.

They make sure to inject me with small amounts of silver and other doses of things that I'm just their test subject for. Though, it's a woman who injects me.

She has a kind face, and a look of pain and disgust when she has to insert the needles. She always does it as gently as she can and never wears a mask. If anyone here is on my side, it's her.

I look down at my naked body, full of lash marks and scars. Will Ariel even want me after this? If she ever does come to save me, she'll take one look at me and walk away.

When I first met her, she thought I was a god figure. Now I'm a shrivelled human who can't hold himself up enough to stand. I could hardly crawl if I wanted. My wolf tries so hard, I can feel his presence trying to heal me as fast as he can. But there's already new torturers to prevent me from ever fully healing.

I lay where I am, limp, without the energy to move. They hardly fed me, hardly gave me water. I slept on rock and sand flooring that was stained in my blood. They had to physically pick me up to move me by now, for I couldn't even walk with their brutal aide.

All I want is to see Ariel. She's probably lonely, what if she cries every night? Every so often, I feel this strange pain through the bond. Not as though she were physically hurt, but like she was mentally hurting. And it would be so bad that it went through to me.

But still, what if that's her trying to break our bond? What if she doesn't come for me? As most nights, I cry myself to sleep thinking I'll never see Ariel again.

***

Ariel's POV

Our battle plans were still so underdeveloped it made me want to scream. We were making no progress! We have to get in there now and save him.

Our fighting has improved greatly over the past... it's been almost three weeks now. Raphael has been gone for three weeks.

I don't know what happens to me but I grab the table we're sitting at and I throw it up. Everything on it flying around as I break down again.

"Ariel..." someone's distraught voice whispers. No one knew how to comfort me anymore. Parker and Justin were starting to fail as well, it's just that the separation has been so long.

Parker, Liam and Justin escort everyone from the room as I curl up into a ball and cry. I stopped caring if people saw me strong or not because I couldn't be strong anymore, not with Raphael gone.