18

So I haven't updated in ages, I'm aware. And this chapter is as long as I'll get it for now. But I'm so proud of myself for getting something up.

I'm in some pretty bad times personally and that's why I haven't been updating. I'm sorry a bunch for that! But here's a chapter for you loves! Thank you so much to those who supported me throughout my hardships! It means so much.

~

Ariels POV

Raphie and I waited for Brianne to wake up. Parker and Justin stayed to, inviting Anastasia and Liam over to see Brianne too. I said it was a bad idea but Raphie wanted his beta for this.

When Brianne wakes up, I talk to her alone so she doesn't panic. I don't want her to feel crowded by people.

"Hey," I smile. "How did you sleep?"

"Good... thank you." She says.

"Are you okay with meeting some people?"

She seems to ponder it for a moment before she nods. I help her when she seems unsteady on her feet. Her abused body seems like it's finally failing her even after rest and food. I really have to get her to the pack doctor after this.

I help her downstairs and into the living room where everyone is already waiting and I sit her down on a big comfy chair.

She looks a little panicked... but I stand next to her and give her an encouraging look. Brianne looks around at everyone judging her and they stare back.

Finally Raphie speaks up. "State your name, age and business in our territory."

"My name is Brianne... I'm seventeen and..." she swallows. "I was running," her voice drops to a whisper.

"Because?" Raphie pushes.

"To get away from my alpha," she shivers.

"How do I know you aren't a spy? Or this isn't some dirty trick he's playing?" Raphael growls.

"Raphie!" I scold and he glares at me for a second before looking back at Brianne. She looks terrified, poor girl.

"Are you going to kill me when I can't give proof?" Brianne asks in a whisper, her gaze downcast. I know she's innocent, it's this... feeling. Luna instinct, let's call it that.

Blah. That sounds weird.

Raphael searches her face, looking for goddess knows what. "You may join my pack if you wish, or stay here until you regain your strength and are able to go off on your own again."

I can feel my jaw drop in surprise. Raphie is actually letting her stay?

'Ariel I can feel what you feel. You believe she's innocent. I see that. And I'm willing to bet you're right.' Raphie links me and that makes me beam. Raphael is trusting me with something!

"Guess we're going to have to go shopping for clothes for Bri, aren't we?" I groan.

"Of course!" Ana sing songs. "And Bri?"

"Do I assign nicknames too quickly?" I frown.

"You're too lazy to pronounce the whole name, how sad." Parker snorts and I give him a death glare. I'm surprised when I hear Bri giggle a bit at our mini squabble.

"Quit wasting time, shopping!" Ana claps as she takes poor Bri's hand and yanks her up. Bri is not nearly strong enough to hold herself up after such a surprise and tumbles. I scoop her up quickly and growl at Ana.