14

For those of you who don't know, my iPod had to be reset and I lost everything on it. Including most of this chapter. I liked the last one way better, I know that, but I can't remember it all word for word. I wish. Anyways, it took me a while to get this chapter rewritten and it's shorter than I wanted or expected. The last one that got deleted was longer, I know that for a fact. I'm like stuck on it because it was really good and now I have this chapter that looks like crap in comparison. My apologies for not updating in a while, but there's the explanation.

-

Ariel's POV

Raphie and I were slowly getting back into a routine. Well, a strange one that was never the same? I call it a routine. Some days he stayed home and worked or stayed just with me. Others he went to work at the office and left me with Parker and Justin.

Not that I mind, it's just I'm third wheeling all the time when I'm with them. But they're super fun to have around. They're the only two others who take my lonely feelings away.

Raphie and I had arguments frequently now though. Some were playful, others serious. But sometimes I would have to leave the room. Ever since we marked each other, my wolf became more prominent. Meaning more pain when she tried to come out. When it got too much, I had to leave Raphie and try to make her calm down.

Raphie understood. He's trying to figure out why she does this, why she hurts me. But everyone's wolf is different. But Raphie always let my wolf calm down before approaching again.

I'm heading to Raphie's office, Justin and Parker flanking my sides. Raphael stayed there last night because of some important business he doesn't care to tell me. That got on my nerves a little.

Justin and Parker are chirping like birds the way they're arguing over who makes better chocolate chip cookies. That's when I take a step and pause, a pain in my chest. It fades away so I keep walking.

Then it's there again. I frown and stop, rubbing the area over my heart like it will do something for the strange burning sensation. It fades again when Parker looks back.

"Hey... You okay Ariel?" Parker asks slowly.

I start to walk again. "Yeah I'm fi-" the pain comes back and this time when my heart thumps it spreads. I gasp in pain and fall, Parker catches me but panics and almost drops me. So Justin scoops me up and starts running back to the house.

"I'm getting Raphael!" Parker calls frantically, sounding terrified.

"What's going on?" I pant, groaning in pain as my body feels like it's on fire.

"Heat." Justin replies with grimly and he runs into the house. He goes to one of the bathrooms with the biggest tub and sets me inside. Then he turns on the water as cold as it can go.

The sensation is somewhat soothing, the cold water hitting my burning body.

Then Raphie and Parker come running in. Raphael grabs my upper body and holds me close which helps a lot. Though every once and a while, when my heart thumped, it would send this extra burn that made me scream.

Raphie just stays and holds me through it all. Parker and Justin take turns answering the door which for some damn reason people keep visiting us. It makes no sense to me.

At one point, Justin walks in with a bag of ice which he dumps in the bath, that soothes the burn for a good while. But where he got the ice from I have no clue.

Raphie never lets go. Sometimes he'll say soothing words and try to get me through the worst of the pain. Slowly, it starts to subside.

I question why I never passed out. I should have passed out. Almost every she-wolf passes out at the peak of their heat. They fall asleep. Why couldn't I? Raphael keeps saying I'm strong and that's why.