13

2500 words again. Thanks mind.

Any way, I dunno how I feel about this. I kinda wish I made them fight longer but I wanted them to understand each other and ugh...

Tell me what you think!

-

Ariel's POV

It's the third day of being locked in one of the guest bedrooms that Raphie finally comes in. After staying in the house to work and knocking almost every hour.

He stands at the door silently and I don't face him. Instead, I sit perched on my favourite spot at the window. Looking out into the forest. I think I have the image memorized now.

"Ariel..." His voice is a little raspy. "Ariel, please," he begs. "I miss you, princess."

I freeze a little. How did he know I liked that name? It's not like I told him my dream.

I had to stay in the room because my wolfs fury. Over that day too many things had happened that put her on edge. She was almost calm now, in the back of my head where she belonged. Where she didn't give me splitting headaches and make me want to scream.

She was the reason I hadn't come out to face Raphie yet. Not because of my own anger, but because of hers. And the way she hurt me.

He approaches me yet I stay still. Ever since he marked me, I could mind link him. Though, I still hadn't done his acceptance trials, so I could not speak to the pack. Though, any emotions I felt through the bond, or anything he tried to say, I pushed away.

What he does next surprises me.

"Ariel, I'm sorry." He wraps his big arms around me and I find I miss his hold. But what he did was wrong, although my anger is gone, I want to get my payback.

I turn around in his arms and bury my face in the crook of his neck. But not because what he might think, instead, I let my canines extend and I dig my teeth into his neck.

A female marking her mate was one of the rarest of occasions. Under me, Raphie tenses. But he does nothing. When I pull away, I lick the blood away from my teeth and look at the mark I gave him.

"Feel better now?" He asks, he's angry, I can hear it. But, yes, I feel a lot better now.

"I'm sorry too." I whisper finally. The three days alone made me realize how much I needed him. I isolated myself, with the easy help of my old friends and family ignoring me as well. Raphie was the only one who took away the loneliness I so often basked in.

Parker and Justin could take it away too, but when they left it came back. Then Ana and Liam made the feeling stronger.

"I did want a mate. I'm glad I got you. I'm sorry I got so mad, I say things I don't mean when I'm mad. Please just take the loneliness away." I don't cry, I tell myself, but the tears finally spill.

"Ariel..." I know he can feel what I feel over the bond. And I can feel what he feels. He's sorry, and I am too. We both made mistakes that day.

He picks me up and takes me to his- our room. He walks into the bathroom and sets me down in front of the mirror.

My tears fall from my cheeks, landing on the sink. But Raphie doesn't focus on that.

"We're made for each other Ariel." He says softly, and I realize, he's looking at his new mark. And he's not angry now, instead, he smiles. And then he wipes my tears away as his smile fades.

"Raphie," I hiccup. Ready to apologize again.

"Shh, I know princess. I can feel it. Now, get yourself cleaned up. You haven't eaten in too long, I'm going to get you something."